It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way to judge it is, Would another manager have done as well? That’s a better way of thinking about squad planning. Of course Pep can work miracles... sometimes.
No another manager probably wouldn’t done as well as Pep. Another manager would have done okay though if he was the right manager with the squad we have had over the last 10 years.

Going into Pep’s last two seasons without a recognised striker seems bonkers to me. He made it work last season I can’t imagine he was planning to do it again.

Going to be a close one this year.
well the 3 months of being dragged along by Levy, Charlie and Harry probably gives it away Pep did not plan to make it work again without a top forward who is not out 80% or season like Kun.

having a top striker upfront would have changed the complete dynamic our our attacks, causing defences more and more problem to adapt and have them worry about additional thing like proper aerial threat which we do not have really so far.

Tin hat put on. But as we have already played the abysmal, goal a game for the opposition, Mendy in a league game this year, is our most desperate priority not a left back. Zincs is fine, but there is no half competent cover. We won the league last year with our forward options, blood Delap and make do. £150m for a 28 year old with crumbling ankles was a crazy proposition and I’m glad we walked.
I wouldn’t worry about Mendy for a while. I’m sure he’s in the French Paralympic squad.

None of this is concrete. "Expecting" to stick with the same squad and its "unlikely" that we sign Ronaldo. Perhaps its a negotiating ploy to get him to lower his wage demands. Jack Gaughan gets his info direct from City doesn't he? They could have completely shot any rumours down if they really wanted to.
Reading between the lines, correct. But we can still complain at the thought of such outcome.

Some real smacked arses on here lately.

There are still 6 days of the window left and we can't force a club to sell us a player if they don't want to.

Lets see where we are this time next week before we start slagging of the team who have built the current squad, won more trophies than I ever thought I would see and allowed me to see some of the best football I have ever seen.

Some real smacked arses on here lately.

There are still 6 days of the window left and we can't force a club to sell us a player if they don't want to.

Lets see where we are this time next week before we start slagging of the team who have built the current squad, won more trophies than I ever thought I would see and allowed me to see some of the best football I have ever seen.
Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.