It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.

The song was inspired by the Depression-era photographs of Dorothea Lange, showing poverty-stricken Americans in Dust Bowl conditions.[1] Gabriel saw Lange's images in a 1973 book titled In This Proud Land. He felt that a song based on this was wholly appropriate to difficult economic conditions in England under Margaret Thatcher.[2] He composed lyrics about a man whose unemployment causes stress in his domestic relationship. The verses, sung by Gabriel, describe the man's feelings of isolation, loneliness and despair; the choruses, sung by Bush, offer words of hope and encouragement.

Gabriel originally wrote the song from a reference point of American roots music and he approached country singer Dolly Parton to sing it with him. However, Parton turned it down, so his friend Kate Bush took her place.[3]

Who is an unemployed striker at present???

I am saying a transfer can happen before the window closes.

I am saying the club has not given up.

I am saying, strap on your big boy pants, you bunch of pathetic, Twitter loving, Blue cunts.
Alright Tolmie, I admit I've let off some steam in the last few posts out of disappointment, but now I got my big boy pants on again. Hopefully this whole Ronaldo saga could have a positive effect in us actually feeling some pressure to deliver something before the window closes.
I know you got some backlash the last the other day, but most of us know you are sharing in good faith, and City did make an offer as you said.

But spill the beans on this cryptic message then, are we:
1 - One last attempt on Kane?
2 - Trying to get Haaland?
3 - Going for the sure thing (as in possibility to make the signing happen) Vlahovic?
4 - Making an offer for Lewandowski?
5 - Swapping Bernardo for Griezmann?
6 - Something else?

Ronaldo salary at Rags 475,000 a week where City offered 275,000 a week might have been a deciding factor too
Close. It's 475k pw post-pax. In UK we usually report football wages as pre-tax. For example, Kevin makes 385k pw pre-tax. So Ronaldo would be earning £864,000 pw pre-tax.

That’s what I was thinking

We're not the ones being paid to think.

Seriously, I'm gonna start taking names if this fucking whimpering sickness continues on here.

It's pathetic, certainly not befitting of a club that has plenty of fans still who have faced down more shit than most.

I'm hurt. I'm so angry, I'm livid. Oh, woe is me.

Do me a fucking favour, you self entitled fucktards.

We are the Champions of England, the window ain't shut, and we have people right now still trying to deliver.

Mendes played a blinder for Ronaldo. I fully believe that had City not been at the table, neither would United. United would have quite happily let him go any club in Europe but to City.

With that in mind, City should really be questioning dealing with Mendes in future.
What petulant bitter twats are the rags, they didn't need him, just bought to spite City . A real panic signing for them

I am pretty upset. Not because Ronaldo went to Utd. There's every chance he'll show his age and upset others in the dressing room to boot. A bit like the ill-starred Sanchez hijack. However, our negotiators had months to get a striker over the line and they've fucked up at every turn. Lukaku was available, ffs. So was Messi. But we decided on an unrealistic Kane or bust project and guess what, it turns out that it was a bust. What's gone on?
100 percent spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.