It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any cause for optimism?

I've sent out the signal

44xiSDg.gif

But we apparently have this world class academy yet Foden is the only youth player to make the first team since we were taken over.
Rather than promote youth we'd rather go spunk ridiculous money on fringe players. The academy is purely a book balancing machine and the majority of our fans are weirdly ok with it. It's why all our fans unanimously adore Phil, he is the only genuine link between us and the football team we love. Soul has sucked out of the club but it's okay because we win trophies now.
How many 18ish year olds in the entire world right now would get into our side if they were here? There's a handful at absolute most, you'd be hard pressed to find more than that. That means we're essentially looking for a one in a billion player. We hit the jackpot and somehow against all odds found that 1 in a billion in foden and now you're expecting us to have done that 5-6 times within a few years? Beyond stupid.

Fuck winning titles and watching the best players managed by the best manager play the best football around, what I want is a Stephen Jordan at left back, a Joey Barton anchoring the midfield and a Ched Evans and Ishmael Miller duo upfront fire us to 17th place

Hold on a minute

We have just witnessed PSG & the Rags chuck huge money per week at players coming towards the end of their careers, and lets be honest messi had no other choice as did ronaldo once we actually pulled away from the deals

Surely the cost this lumps on them will restrict them long term, especially for the next 2 years

Something tells me we have played a blinder here

and it will count when it matters
Rags yes. PSG not if they sell Mbappe for £150 mill though not sure they will. Then again if Mbappe does go do they stick with just Messi and Neymar, for some reason that front 2 together doesn't worry me.

Last edited:
So you’re saying you’d take anybody else, including say Alistair MacIntosh or Peter Swales over a team of people who have delivered us enough good players to win multiple cups & leagues over the past 10 years? Wow, glad you have fuck all decision making power at our club bud

Glad to see you can't detect sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.