It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can it have set us backwards considering we didn't have a striker last season either? Yes, the others have improved but I think the impact of Grealish is going to be massively greater than some believe.
its relative......

If we havent improved (stood still) and others have...we have slipped backwards. We cant continue to rely on false 9, other teams are stronger as well
I dont believe Grealish will have that greater impact unless it is thrust upon him and he grabs it due to the absence of KDB for long periods of time.
I guess it comes down to how much someone believes that Grealish is going to improve us....what I agree with is that he allows us more flexibility in our approach (ie for starters we dont have to play Raheem on the left)

Best bet at this point is a loan deal for a forward
But the question is who is going to loan us a forward of any real quality and if they did they would screw us big time
Best bet from the outside I can see that. However I said it last night and having slept on it I ‘m even more of the opinion that Pep is the one determined to either get the right striker for him, or go with what he has.
The more I think about it the less likely it seems to me that either no alternatives were suggested to him, or that he suggested an alternative and it was refused.
So either there is one we are working on,quite possible or there isn’t one Pep is happy with to try for.
If Pep prefers what he has to any alternative he’s offered because he thinks he can make what we have work better. Then that’s fine by me because it’s Pep and he probably will.

its relative......

If we havent improved (stood still) and others have...we have slipped backwards. We cant continue to rely on false 9, other teams are stronger as well
I dont believe Grealish will have that greater impact unless it is thrust upon him and he grabs it due to the absence of KDB for long periods of time.
I guess it comes down to how much someone believes that Grealish is going to improve us....what I agree with is that he allows us more flexibility in our approach (ie for starters we dont have to play Raheem on the left)
We don’t know if they have improved yet. How often do we think a team has a good window and things don’t work, fairly often with Chelsea it even happened last summer. They do have a better coach now though, Wouldnt surprise me if united had a worse season either, collecting players not team building.

It's like a child's patiently build sea-defence system built on sand in the face of the tide. We know it wont work but we do it anyway, and we even take delight in it, and at the end when the water runs amok we stamp all over it and run back to the tent one day older and really none the wiser? maybe some learn. But soon they will be in their deck-chair with brain cells dying. All that we can do is impact and contribute to this world while are here so that when our children inherit it it is a better world.

As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport. Soon the science will not only be able to slow down the ageing of the cells, soon the science will fix the cells to the state and so we will become eternal. Only accidents, crimes, wars, will still kill us but unfortunately, crimes, wars, will multiply. I love football. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.