Txiki Begiristain

That's even more simplistic than singling out Txiki.
Txiki is head of recruitment, Khaldoon gobbled off about being creative in the market...
They're the buck stops.

Txiki is not head of recruitment. Khaldoon is a Chairman and does not have a day to day role in the club.

I'd like to add an example so people can see the pressure we're dealing with.

In the Ronaldo thread it was stressed time and time again not to refer to him by any of the offensive transphobic nicknames and if anyone saw something to report it. The forum did largely a good job, and thankfully we had one hard working poster flagging all of them to us.

However, right near the end of the thread after it became clear he would sign for United one poster decided they wouldn't play along anymore (out of anger I guess) and made a post calling him by one of the names we asked not to. EVEN THOUGH it was deleted within minutes of posting, I know for a fact that the post was seen and quoted on RedCafe where the discussion became about how it's typical that BlueMoon still allows these bigoted terms and is filled with 'those kind of fans'.

One single poster potentially damaged the reputation of the entire forum. That's why sometimes we have to be boring fucks about this whole thing; so that we can keep embarrassing things like that to an absolute minimum.
Yep; it ain't rocket science. If you want to be treated like a grown up, act like a grown up. Unfortunately, there's some on here that can't grasp that.

The buck has to stop somewhere... Txiki or Khaldoon?

Take your pick.
"Txiki is blagging a living at City"
"The only person who could bollocks up Haaland moving to City is Txiki Bergiristain"
"hear an announcement that Txiki has become a major shareholder at Spurs"
"Pep Guardiola isn't as good at polishing turds as Txiki Bergiristain thinks he is"
"Txiki dropped a major bollock when he didn't push the boat o"
"The buck has to stop somewhere... Txiki or Khaldoon? Take your pick."
"pretty certain that Txiki would have bottled out"

You really do have a problem with him dotn you. Fs, give it a rest

Tbh we’re in agreement on most things from what I’ve seen you post in various other threads.

I’m not here for an argument.

I do feel that someone needs to be held seriously accountable for the humiliating and very public shambles of a window we’ve had though. It’s been a catalogue of shit planning and fuckups in full view of our competitors and the world. Be that Txiki, or Ferran, or whoever.

If not resign then some kind of acknowledgement of their failings is needed, and a recalibration of how we conduct ourselves in the transfer market.

It’s linked to the whole obsession with optics our board have. They crave to be loved and not thought of as “moneybags City”. Our PR department are WOEFUL and have been for years.

But you’re right, this is a bigger discussion for another day.
I don’t think there’s been anything humiliating about this transfer window.

We’ve not felt that Kane was worth anywhere near £160m and didn’t think CRonaldo was worth £475k/week… and we pulled out of both deals.

We bought a new player in Torres last year who came in as a winger but will now be playing as a striker. He’s learning that position and is getting better all the time.

We do need a left back but still have good players filling in doing very good jobs there, and other than that we have the best squad in Europe. There’s no rush to do any transfer business we don’t think is worth spending too much on.

Haaland is the future, not Kane or CRonaldo (and I was keen on getting him if we could have, but he’s not the future). It’s all about next Summer when Haaland’s buy-out clause kicks in… can we put together a package to get him to City?

I don’t think there’s been anything humiliating about this transfer window.

We’ve not felt that Kane was worth anywhere near £160m and didn’t think CRonaldo was worth £475k/week… and we pulled out of both deals.

We bought a new player in Torres last year who came in as a winger but will now be playing as a striker. He’s learning that position and is getting better all the time.

We do need a left back but still have good players filling in doing very good jobs there, and other than that we have the best squad in Europe. There’s no rush to do any transfer business we don’t think is worth spending too much on.

Haaland is the future, not Kane or CRonaldo (and I was keen on getting him if we could have, but he’s not the future). It’s all about next Summer when Haaland’s buy-out clause kicks in… can we put together a package to get him to City?

Come on, be realistic. There’s absolutely zero chance our board is going to get Haaland over the line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.