Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more I feel like we tricked United into getting Ronaldo and took them out of the scene for... a reason. To be seen.

we were told that the reason we didnt bid was becuase of the money...

Ronaldo could have been coming here but the rags put a better offer in....

If we want most top draw players we are going to have to bid against others....esp when we know the lad is open to coming here (which we konw he is) - of course he is going to consider other offers...we just have to make ours better.

What is the point of financial power if we dont use it?
We can’t compete against the history clubs. I know it’s not what we want to hear. They brought in FFP to make sure we can’t offer more to a player.

It’s the sad truth unfortunately. This window has confirmed that we are used in negotiations.

We need a striker, and the club are not stupid, time will tell, I am certain something is happening, is it Haaland?

Who knows , but enjoy the ride.

More like, enjoy waiting for the ride, and if it doesnt come, at least the weather was nice.

What makes you think something is happening?

Deal of this magnitude aint happening in 3 days + players are going to meet up for Internationals, why the window wasn't opened 2 week earlier to allow for these games
Forget it we go with what wehave even knowing Berny has gone

More like, enjoy waiting for the ride, and if it doesnt come, at least the weather was nice.

What makes you think something is happening?

Nothings going to happen this window.

literally the best hope would be to sign Haaland now and leave him at Dortmund a year.

ive said the same thing.....I applaud PSG for doing what they have done...and chelski to an extent as well....they have both in the past few seasons spent big and completed huge signings...PSG have had a rtansfer window to remember with the signings they have made especially with limited initial outlay (not taking into account wages).

I do think we occasionally need to say fuck it and go for it to an extent ...even with the Grealish money as Pep said we earnt 60% of that from sales so we have only (!) spent 40m this transfer window which is tiny compared to some of the others.....yet we are financially very powerful and we are told that the club is ran financially extremely well (and I dont doubt that for a second)..but surely with our increased revenues we could afford to go big....?

It looked like Kane was the one to do that on BUT if we were going to splash £135m (roughy) on kane then at present coversation rates the 150m Euros qouted for Haaland is about £128m....now I know there are agent fees (40m euros ive seen qouted - which is roughly £35m) in the grand scheme of things and considering what you are getting is a much younger player with a less troublesome injury record you would think the extra outlay was worth it. And I havent even taken into account agent fees for Kane which was another £5m.

140m for Kane
Roughly 165m for Haaland....but he has an upaward trajectory and off the pitch is much much more marketable as well

Of course Kane would cost less in wages (roughly half at a guess)

The only bit I dont quite understand is the bit about why we would be so against the release clause being put in..why not put one in? ....£200m - 300m as in a few years he could be worth that.....but it only starts after the 3rd or 4th year of his contract. Surely we are therefore protecting our investment?
I’m normally a stickler for value and when you break your own rules it’s a slippery slope, but on this occasion I agree for either Kane or Haaland. Don’t know if either is possible now, with such little time left. As others have said, it would have to be an offer too great to refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.