Queues

Maybe a daft question, but why do people wait until so late before trying to get into the ground?

I started queuing to get in at 12:05 and got to my seat a few seconds before kick off. There were a couple of hundred behind me when I was entering the turnstile. (N1)

Maybe a daft question, but why do people wait until so late before trying to get into the ground?
I was there half an hour before and it was as bad as it has ever been so I'm not surprised it was still mad five minutes before.
Last week was fine though.

I came in at entrance T and witnessed mostly people unable to handle the new technology. I work day to day with this type of stuff and most people either do not have the app open, face the LCD screen towards the reader or just wave it at the reader. The NFC chip in your phone is on the rear and it takes a second or two to work. I watched one guy for a whole two minutes trying to get in, the staff couldn't help him either. In the end they asked him to step aside so others could get in, all to see him repeat the process a few minutes later. I would like to think City would have tested this extensively with the public before implementing it, I would recommend at least 30% more turnstiles would be required to match the speed you could get in with a seasoncard. There's nothing wrong with the technology as long as you know how to use it, if you don't it can be a nightmare!

I started queuing to get in at 12:05 and got to my seat a few seconds before kick off. There were a couple of hundred behind me when I was entering the turnstile. (N1)
To be honest anyone turning up with less than 20-30 min before kick off at any ground these days are asking for trouble, those days of wondering up 10 minutes early are over, even without mobile ticketing security checks take longer.
Maybe the fact so many got there early for Norwich and got in okay made them complacent.

Missed the first goal. Not moaning, left the pub late.

Bet there was loads of people who had paid £50 plus for tickets yesterday doing a game for the first time who were stuck outside.

Off the pitch I dont think they give a fcuk honestly, if they did it would get sorted.

Last week if you turned up in the last half hour you walked straight in as most turned up early. Did not happen this week as most turned up 30-40 mins before kick off.

The 'here to help' stewards walking the line said nothing to people with rucksacks who they saw queue for 20 mins and then get refused causing blockages.

The restricting bar and food sales in the ground to smaller half time slots meant the queues were horrific again and more people missed the football. The club hasn't got a clue.

My nfc hasn't worked on both matches now
Best thing to do is use the barcode.
But only open the barcode when you are right at the turnstiles as the code doesn't last too long and you have to close it and re open it again to generate a new barcode

Arrived at 11:45 at B. Strolled to security and then went straight to turnstile and straight in. Whole process from start of barriers to enter stadium took 3 minutes. My tip is to arrive 45 mins before kickoff - no queues and no queues at the bar either. My other tip is to look for anyone in front of you with a paper ticket and go to another turnstile

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.