It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as expected it does indeed look as tho our window is finished. Absolutely gutted we never managed to get Kane or another decent forward but Torres has shown glimpses that he can fill the role.

As long as we don't let Bernardo or Laporte leave today then even tho we've only signed Grealish we have strengthened.

Been a stressful few weeks lol but here's to a good season, up the blues.

Well as expected it does indeed look as tho our window is finished. Absolutely gutted we never managed to get Kane or another decent forward but Torres has shown glimpses that he can fill the role.

As long as we don't let Bernardo or Laporte leave today then even tho we've only signed Grealish we have strengthened.

Been a stressful few weeks lol but here's to a good season, up the blues.
Not getting a CF was very disappointing as we knew it needed sorting

Now for me today is making sure Bernie and Eric don’t leave

We will still be the team to beat

Cheers Dad ;)

Seriously, thanks for your kind words.

Blue Moon really can be a great place of support to people who might be going through something.
Spot on tolmie and no doubt the pandemic and challenges to health most of us face through life test your mettle and those who mean the most to you.

We have been in full lockdown for over 7 months and quite possible another 2-3 months to go until the vaccs rate hit 80 per cent but hope is a wonderful concept to hang onto.

I am wrapped that despite the numbers and deaths in the UK from covid that will continue for many months and years to come that you have some of your freedoms back so we have something to look forward to.

Freedom is priceless and your good health is precious.

I believe the press reporting - according to press reports we were all in for Ronaldo and were quite surprised when our potential deal with him fell through.

Anyhow, thank God that it did! I hate Ronaldo and - for me - he'd disgrace the City shirt were he to join our club.
That’s not how it exactly happened mate. Saying we were “all in” is an overstatement. As per multiple press reports, Mendes presented us with the opportunity to sign him as we had just been dealt a big blow in our pursuit of Kane. We considered his proposal, we were interested but wanted to sign him on our terms. The two conditions were, we wanted him on a free transfer, we were willing to offer a base wage of 250k. Ronaldo himself was interested in moving to City and Mendes was negotiating a better wage package. At the same time, the rag hierarchy got jealous of us and also wanted to give their fans a new toy to play with that would put an end to their “glazer out” campaign. And what better than a player who the rags think “loves their club” (spoiler alert: he doesn’t). So they hijacked the deal, offered to pay the transfer fees, and a way bigger pay package. So, concluding, we were interested but not entirely in it to pull the deal off, we just saw him as a stopgap and the rags got insecure and hit the panic button to sign him.

Another one. Instead of whining about no back up plan name some credible targets. I'll wait.
I have not caught up with all the thread yet - but I think that it is very telling that there are so many posters rubbishing the club for not buying a striker - but I have not yet seen any of these poster mention credible alternatives

Why is it so hard to accept that Kane was seen as a signing that would really strengthen the squad but as it turned out his club were not willing to sell - and, that being the case, therefore Plan B is to continue to play a false 9 rather than sign some make-do player

If the critics cannot mention credible options - it comes across to me as a case of them protesting too much.

I could see a lot of these posters being also quick to criticise the signing of a forward that is not seen as a top level - and therefore not good enough for City

Don’t put it past Raiola to have been involved
I'm astonish by your incredible perception and water tight analysis of our transfer dealings. Not everyone has the guts to call the Kane and Ronaldo saga a conspiracy theory to facilitate Haaland's transfer to City.

Not only are they not better than ronaldo,who I don’t think we pushed very hard for really. I don’t think any one of them improve the team we have. Though I like Felix not sure he improves the team we have now.
And surely that is the point a lot of posters seem to be missing - and therefore, IMO, they are being too quick to criticise the club - and are doing so in a pretty casual way.

Kane was seen as someone that would fit well into our way of playing and improve the first team - why would any City fan want the way the club train and set up to be changed to accommodate some striker that is not top drawer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.