It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said, without getting abuse I might add.... I meant poor as in getting grealish when we need to replace aguero, hoping we don't get any long term injuries in that position, what happens then?
Signing Grealish has/had/will have no impact on signing a striker. It has been made very clear on multiple occasions.

We offered for Kane, it didn't happen. We move forward.

There are perhaps 3 strikers in world football who Pep would deal with; Kane, Haaland and Lewandowski. All 3 weren't on the market and the clubs who own them don't want to sell.

Kayky coming to City early do we think that was to do with us wanting more depth in forward positions or is he going to go out on loan, EDS?

What a daft post without us the fans there is no city !
I think that @abudhabimaxrespect means that no justification is needed rather than the club can just ignore us.

Give him a chance. He's been waiting long enough to start posting, let's not hound him off just yet.

n.b, apologies to other genders, it's just quicker to choose the likely gender and stick with it until corrected.

The truth is a few days ago when many were in melt down over no Kane many said it's been an overall poor window with regard to what we conducted relative to what we needed. A few days later Ronny didn't materialize and it was a poor window again. Now it's quickly shutting, likely we're done and it's funny and pathetic to see how many blue shade wearing die hards are shunning anyone with the temerity to suggest that our window wasn't brilliant.

New typical City.

As others have said, without getting abuse I might add.... I meant poor as in getting grealish when we need to replace aguero, hoping we don't get any long term injuries in that position, what happens then?
Grealish does at 1st glance look like an un-needed / luxury signing but looking how we've played for the last couple of games it seems that a lack of a striker is no longer a issue for us. I would actually go as far as saying that dropping a player like Kane into our current system wouldn't result in any more goals (maybe even less).

I'm really liking our tactics at the moment - we've gone from getting the ball out wide and crossing it in to a "target" man like Kun or Jesus and we've gone back to the "good old days" (in my mind) of short, neat passes to unlock defences - like we did when Merlin was here in his prime... :)

Our current setup relies on quick short passing, and I'm not sure Kane (or any other of the names being mentioned like Haaland etc) would fit somehow?

Grealish does at 1st glance look like an un-needed / luxury signing but looking how we've played for the last couple of games it seems that a lack of a striker is no longer a issue for us. I would actually go as far as saying that dropping a player like Kane into our current system wouldn't result in any more goals (maybe even less).

I'm really liking our tactics at the moment - we've gone from getting the ball out wide and crossing it in to a "target" man like Kun or Jesus and we've gone back to the "good old days" (in my mind) of short, neat passes to unlock defences - like we did when Merlin was here in his prime... :)

Our current setup relies on quick short passing, and I'm not sure Kane (or any other of the names being mentioned like Haaland etc) would fit somehow?
I agree with that. But don't you think to mix it up would be good

“Merlin was here”

might be controversial to say this but I think we have gone back to that way of playing due to Grealish. He has similarities to Merlin, incredibly hard to get the ball of him, has a brilliant eye for a pass. Good under pressure etc. Draws players to him. Fans thought Foden would be the Silva replacement but I think it’s Grealish he’s really similar to David Silva, Foden more of an Iniesta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.