Early thoughts on City and the Premier League

I believe, as I did last season, that if we are still in touch at Christmas we will win the league. No one finishes a season better than City and we have the best squad. Grealish will be crucially important in breaking down packed defences. In recent years we have started to revert to misdirected crosses into the box against ultra defensive teams. Without a big striker that is a stupid tactic.
The left side of our defence will continue to be targeted by fast counter-attacking sides. We can probably counter that by playing five at the back in certain matches. A back three of Stones, Dias, and Laporte, will keep most teams out. Not having Mendy will also help us.
I also think home advantage is going to be important this year, and Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester, and United (!!) are all coming to us in the second half of the season.

Pre-season prep.
You state "It appears careless and unprofessional" then say "but I believe rest is important". So which is it?

The proof of what was right for pre-season will be in show at the end of the season. If as expected City are consistent and finish strongly and the rags and dippers are out on their arses then it is the correct move. Until then impossible to say.

The spuds game was a one off, combination of key players out and lack of sharpness. We never win there anyway so was hardly a surprise.

City transfer window

Signed one of the best players in the league, added him to the rest of the top players we have and hes already got goals and assists. What else do you want?

No striker on the market = no opportunity to buy one.

Other transfers

Not arsed in all honesty, they are all playing catchup to us. They appear to have addressed issues in their squad but lets wait till the end of the season before we start congratulating anyone.

Some very good points Marvin.

Already we see the title is between 3 teams Us , Liverpool and Chelsea but I also don't think the rags will be far off and may well take points against all the top sides.

Good point about Grealish, at this time he does slow us down, reminds me very much of Mahrez when he first arrived. Pep will get hold of him and I am sure we will see a very good player, a 100m player? not sure myself.
James just gone for 30! Grealish easy 100

Said it before but we are in the position where there are only 2 or 3 players,in each position, in world football, that would improve our current squad. This makes transfers difficult as you are dealing with a smaller pool of potential candidates.

Cannot understand the Grealish transfer at all. Spunked 100m on an area that didn't need addressing.

Said it before but we are in the position where there are only 2 or 3 players,in each position, in world football, that would improve our current squad. This makes transfers difficult as you are dealing with a smaller pool of potential candidates.

Cannot understand the Grealish transfer at all. Spunked 100m on an area that didn't need addressing.
I thought it was his attitude, no fear, drives fw much like Foden but obviously older head.

Are we seeing a transition with more to come?
Grealish eventually replacing Kev. Ferran as a CF, with Delap coming up on the rail, McAtee waiting in the wings.
Jesus wide right. Whither Mahrez? Cole Palmer the next superstar, replacing Bernie when he goes. Ferna almost on his last legs, is Rodri mobile enough? Raz to the bench? No sign yet that Doyle will make it. H-Bellis away on loan.
Pep to be replaced.
Exciting times for us. Maybe a short hiatus in PL titles but a new City is emerging.

I thought it was his attitude, no fear, drives fw much like Foden but obviously older head.
Grealish will develop his "la pausa", which he already naturally has, drawing players in like Silva did, before releasing players down the wing. Gundo is the player who does that, but Grealish is five years younger. That's partly what the fouls signify. It opens the pitch up, gives Kev room to play, and let's Foden get in behind.

Good start (but not great). We play all the title contenders away from home before Christmas, if we're still within 6 or 7 points on Christmas day I'll be quite confident.

Chelsea are the team to beat for me. I thought it would be a two horse race, but Ronaldo at United means they're in with a shout too.

I really feel the Rags have been given the "nod" from the FA that this is going to be their year.
Taggat is becoming more prominent again.
Even young Jesse, who wanted 1st team football elsewhere last season as now decided he wants to stay and fight for his place, even though there so many in front of him. He's been told something and they all want part of it.
The next few months officiating will tell us all a lot more about who wins the league this season.
We play the best football but are not very good for The BRAND

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.