Nuno Mendes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zinchenko has earned the opportunity to be the starting lb, has he not?

No more than Stones has deserved to start or Sterling or Mahrez or Gundogan or Rodri.

You never deserve to not have competition.

A proper/traditional LB would give us a lot of tactical flexibility, and Pep played Mendy in 20 games last year, some of them really big ones, because Zinchenko just isn't the right fit for every game, and nor is the right footed Cancelo.

We have a need, Mendy isn't getting out of prison let alone on a pitch before January so no point registering him...honestly I just don't get this club sometimes.

Its not even about this kid, although he's widely considered a massive talent and is young enough to accept a back up role, why aren't we signing any left back?

Even if they weren't planning on doing it this summer, I dont understand why the club can't react to changing circumstances? No one planned on Kane falling through or Mendy getting sent to prison but it happened, so react! Bring a signing forward a year because opportunity presented itself.

Last edited:
Yeah this just left a bitter taste in my mouth. He's supposedly the only proper LB out there that we were linked to and was actually really, really promising and attainable. Officially announced as a PSG player now so that's that.

Zinchenko with Cancelo and Ake can do the job for us for sure but it really isn't the long term solution in my opinion. We don't even have a decent LB coming up through the ranks in the academy so this is a problem position throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.