It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time in 7 years I feel let down by Mubarak, especially following the vid post last season... now if I feel that way and him being the chairman of a club of this magnitude, I’d hazard a guess that some heads may roll?

Maybe we’re just spoiled, the reality is we still have one of the best squads in Europe, however, something just jumps out that this has been a disappointing summer, and will be felt within the club!

I said this in the LB thread but some things just don't make sense to me.

We released Aguero in March. Khaldoon says we will replace him in May. Made 1 bid for Kane during the Euros in June for <£100m. Spent the last 8 weeks not even talking to Spurs.

Something isn't right there, is it?

That's before the LB situation. I love Zinny, and was fine with him being our only LB if money was going somewhere else, but after the Kane deal died, we obviously had money left unallocated and when Mendy gets suspended. We've lost a player from the squad who racked up 20 appearances at LB ahead of Laporte and Aké and Cancelo who are often touted as possible LBs. So that's 20 games where we're now going to be playing someone Pep thought was a worse LB than Mendy. Bring forward a LB signing to fill the hole? Nope, just carry on like nothing's happened.

First time in 7 years I feel let down by Mubarak, especially following the vid post last season... now if I feel that way and him being the chairman of a club of this magnitude, I’d hazard a guess that some heads may roll?

Maybe we’re just spoiled, the reality is we still have one of the best squads in Europe, however, something just jumps out that this has been a disappointing summer, and will be felt within the club!
I’d tend to agree, if the rumours are true and we have set up a deal for Haaland in 2022 then I fully understand, however, the club quite clearly knew what was happening with Mendy so should have prioritised a left back. As @Ric said we can’t be sign a striker, left back and holding midfielder as well as replacing any potential leavers.

Pressure of city all on Chelsea and the scum who apparently have had the best transfer window! Also some supporters on here thinks we haven’t improved on last season so don’t expect to win owt!

For me our “TEAM” is the best in the premier plus we have the best manager the world has ever seen!

I've seen a few poeple trying to peddle us as underdogs and it's a bit pathetic really. We've got the most expensive squad and we've won 3 of the last 4 titles under the best manager in the world, having just added the British record transfer to the squad that walked the league last year.

We're the favourites and we always will be. Own it.

And the pressure is definitely on us to win everything in Pep's last 2 years. Everyone knows he's the best manager we'll ever have and he'll be gone after next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.