Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Pep really wanted Kane and the board ‘tried’ to make it happen. However Levy playing hardball might have actually played right into our boards hands in that Haaland was their main target all along and it allowed us to drop out of Kane without damaging relationship with Pep. We never did make an offer. Just a scenario, as likely wishful thinking.

Dortmund will sell him in January, I have no doubt about that. They will not settle for 70 million in the summer and they are right. Haaland will help them reach the top 16 in the Champions League and will be sold for at least 100 million. If we're smart we'll close a deal with them right now. I'm somehow optimistic because after realizing that Harry Kane was not coming we did not go and sign a striker just to say we brought a striker. By January we can get along by with what we already have. But if we want to win the PL and certainly the Champions League we have to bring Haaland.

Dortmund will sell him in January, I have no doubt about that. They will not settle for 70 million in the summer and they are right. Haaland will help them reach the top 16 in the Champions League and will be sold for at least 100 million. If we're smart we'll close a deal with them right now. I'm somehow optimistic because after realizing that Harry Kane was not coming we did not go and sign a striker just to say we brought a striker. By January we can get along by with what we already have. But if we want to win the PL and certainly the Champions League we have to bring Haaland.

Dortmund have no power in January. All a club has to do is pay his clause. We don’t have to talk to Dortmund at all. Haaland has all the power

Your analysis from a Dortmund perspective is bang on but, unfortunately the player and his agent wont see it that way. They will want to hold out until next summer - see the buy out become applicable - see as many parties as possible at the table (there will be more options in June than January) and leverage the highest wages and fees possible. Haaland may move in January but I think its unlikely,

Imo there’s no way Dortmund wouldn’t have sold him this summer if that release clause is valid from January.

They’ve clearly made the decision that having Haaland for the season more or less guarantees then champions league football the year after. No way are they turning down an extra 50+ million on top of the release clause to keep him for 4 months and leave mid season, which is exactly what would happen if it’s valid then. They would then need to replace him in a January window, when clubs rarely sell decent players.

Far more likely that it’s valid next summer.

Imo there’s no way Dortmund wouldn’t have sold him this summer if that release clause is valid from January.

They’ve clearly made the decision that having Haaland for the season more or less guarantees then champions league football the year after. No way are they turning down an extra 50+ million on top of the release clause to keep him for 4 months and leave mid season, which is exactly what would happen if it’s valid then. They would then need to replace him in a January window, when clubs rarely sell decent players.

Far more likely that it’s valid next summer.
I don't understand when people say this with such conviction. PSG just turned down 200m euros for a player who's gonna leave on a free in a year. For a lot of teams the stubbornness plays a bigger role than money ever could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.