Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge

I first did it in 1972, and have done it six times since.

Depending on the weather it can be a sheer delight or a miserable trudge.

Never underestimate the weather in Ribblesdale, I've seen snow in June.

The view down to the Settle & Carlisle railway viaduct from Whernside and Ingleborough is superb.

I first did it in 1972, and have done it six times since.

Depending on the weather it can be a sheer delight or a miserable trudge.

Never underestimate the weather in Ribblesdale, I've seen snow in June.

The view down to the Settle & Carlisle railway viaduct from Whernside and Ingleborough is superb.
The viaduct is one of the most beautiful pieces of 19thC engineering, and to think Thatchers gov and British rail conspired to knock it down.
Saved by community action and supported by Michael Portillo.

Last edited:
Did it yesterday. Got soaked on the top of Ingleborough. Done it 7 times now all in under 11 hours. Well signposted now and a lot of the paths have been improved. I agree with the poster who advised trainers, there’s a fair amount of walking between the peaks.
Good luck.

Enjoy!
I’ve walked / jogged the 3 peaks a few times, wouldn’t recommend wearing boots for that distance, will cut your feet up something shocking. Good off road / trail running shoes will be much better.
And have a few pints when you finish.
Let us know how you go on!

I clocked in at exactly 8h30 mins just me and the dog a couple of years ago. Literally none stop all the way round and almost ran down Ingleborough on the last stretch.
Take walking poles as coming down whernside, I thought, was the hardest part.

I’ve just finished the fucker. Got round in 9 hours 57 minutes. Weather was perfect. Never again though. I got blisters after about 2 miles and my feet are now completely fucked. It’s a psychological battle but glad I made it. In my teens and twenties I think I’d of pissed it but at 44 it was hard. Hats off to all of you who did it

I’ve just finished the fucker. Got round in 9 hours 57 minutes. Weather was perfect. Never again though. I got blisters after about 2 miles and my feet are now completely fucked. It’s a psychological battle but glad I made it. In my teens and twenties I think I’d of pissed it but at 44 it was hard. Hats off to all of you who did it
Well done mate. Now put your feet up.

Enjoy!
I’ve walked / jogged the 3 peaks a few times, wouldn’t recommend wearing boots for that distance, will cut your feet up something shocking. Good off road / trail running shoes will be much better.
And have a few pints when you finish.
Let us know how you go on!
I wish I had listened to you. That was excellent advice. My feet now look like they’ve had a fight with a combine harvester

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.