10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've bolded "Sterling does not create like our other players"

Not strictly true. Last season, as well as being 2nd behind Gundog for goals, he was 2nd behind KDB for Assists and Shot Creating Actions.
I was referring to just these 3 games, no references to last season, clean slate for all.

If we refer to last season I'd say his creation is more on speed and less on typical things like through balls and crossing. Still necessary in it's own right but why i like him as a striker more.

I've bolded "Sterling does not create like our other players"

Not strictly true. Last season, as well as being 2nd behind Gundog for goals, he was 2nd behind KDB for Assists and Shot Creating Actions.
The thing with Sterling is that he needs someone to set him into space for him to create. An example is when we played Newcastle and Sterling was on the right. The ball went to KDB, then to Cancelo who slipped a nice pass to put Sterling into a dangerous area. He then cut it back for Gundogan to score. This was also the case a lot when Spanish Dave was playing. Someone who would usually play him into the box for him to be dangerous.

Players like Grealish and Mahrez are more suited wide in isolation for them to create on their own.

Foden played more minutes in the Champions League last season than anyone bar Ederson, and I think it's fair to say that competition was our top priority, so I think Pep is pretty convinced at this point

He could easily have played those same minutes without spending half the league season on the bench, though.

Love his attitude.

I came here to say that I've been impressed with him on the pitch, but really, really impressed with him it off. He's got a great attitude, has been the last player off the pitch giving his shirt and clapping the fans, everyone at the club seems to really like him. Very little entitlement, he's come here to challenge himself, get better, and help the team.

Love his attitude.

It's just good to read an interview where a player actually expresses what they're feeling rather than being dull.

The FA deserve a fair amount of credit for it IMO for letting them show their true colours on International duty, a lot of the English players seem to have that personality about them nowadays.

Grealish is a class player - as I expected he would be... not sure why we signed him though as we were very strong already at the positions he can play - and needed obvious upgrades at numerous other positions.

Grealish is a class player - as I expected he would be... not sure why we signed him though as we were very strong already at the positions he can play - and needed obvious upgrades at numerous other positions.
In a season or two, even later this season, you will be very happy that we went out and got him signed when we had the chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.