For any member of the City Matters Committee

(I love Googling the interweb)

You weren't far off with 1 star on Trust Pilot, IMB.

City get 1.5 stars out of 5 stars on Trustpilot. I haven't read the reviews yet. Going to make a brew first.

Mostly about merchandise, but the ticket office and supporter services are mentioned.

View attachment 25680

Here you go. (take note City) https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.mcfc.co.uk
The first review is shocking and is one of many where kids have been let down. The youngsters are our future yet again the club simply doesnt seem to care.

'Absolute joke!!! Placed an order on 5th Aug for my sons 12th birthday on the 20th Aug. Ordered full kids home kit with Grealish on the shirt. Recieved order confirmation and £107 taken from my account. Then..... no more correspondence. I have emailled every possible email and either get no reply or we'll get back to you in 5days! Then they don't. I've rung customers services over a 120 times at different times of the day after 2 mins answer message is...... we are closed or busy!!! I've rang all numbers on contact list left messages where I can but still not one person has been in contact. I have bought 2 kits a year for the last 6 years from City and this is definitely the most appalling service I have ever received. They've taken the money and not provided the goods, my sons birthday was ruined as this was his main present and he was so upset not to get it. I wouldn't of minded it being late but to have absolutely no communication from their customers service is very amateurish for such an affluent club!!!! Still waiting for replies........'

The first review is shocking and is one of many where kids have been let down. The youngsters are our future yet again the club simply doesnt seem to care.

'Absolute joke!!! Placed an order on 5th Aug for my sons 12th birthday on the 20th Aug. Ordered full kids home kit with Grealish on the shirt. Recieved order confirmation and £107 taken from my account. Then..... no more correspondence. I have emailled every possible email and either get no reply or we'll get back to you in 5days! Then they don't. I've rung customers services over a 120 times at different times of the day after 2 mins answer message is...... we are closed or busy!!! I've rang all numbers on contact list left messages where I can but still not one person has been in contact. I have bought 2 kits a year for the last 6 years from City and this is definitely the most appalling service I have ever received. They've taken the money and not provided the goods, my sons birthday was ruined as this was his main present and he was so upset not to get it. I wouldn't of minded it being late but to have absolutely no communication from their customers service is very amateurish for such an affluent club!!!! Still waiting for replies........'
These Trust pilot reviews are shockingly bad. Worse even than the ticketing issues highlighted on Bluemoon. We must be losing huge amounts of revenues across many areas including tickets, merchandising, retail, catering etc etc. It really does make you wonder what is going on in the operations/commercial side of the club. It is almost as if we are trying to drive away paying customers. Is this because we have outsourced too many functions?

These Trust pilot reviews are shockingly bad. Worse even than the ticketing issues highlighted on Bluemoon. We must be losing huge amounts of revenues across many areas including tickets, merchandising, retail, catering etc etc. It really does make you wonder what is going on in the operations/commercial side of the club. It is almost as if we are trying to drive away paying customers. Is this because we have outsourced too many functions?
The first, second and third reason is piss poor senior management. You can insource, outsource or have both to your hearts content but if you have a management layer that 1) dont listen to their customers 2) dont take accountability or responsibility for their function, you get this mess further down the chain.

I used to run customer service functions and I can tell you that good ones are constantly monitored by management. response times (on the phone) abandon rates (the number of callers hanging up without being answered) customer satisfaction (little call surveys) productivity, and on and on. Those numbers are monitored by the minute by good management and when phone queues get long, remedial action taken, if satisfaction dips, remedial action taken. Management should be actively listening to a sample of service calls made each day and feeding back both the good and the bad to agents. Not only is this stuff managed actively but the daily results will be fed to senior management who should be interrogating any worrying trends and taking remedial action. It doesn't matter if its outsourced, your contract specifies what service levels you want and you are still actively monitoring that you are getting that.

Its not that difficult but it needs forensic management, attention to detail and people who absolutely care about customers. Everything they do re the design and implementation of processes, scripts, new systems, everything, top to bottom should be pointed at service excellence. Do that and the service you provide is fucking exceptional and that is what any good organisation should want. Everyone involved in delivery of customer service should be paid and bonused around customer satisfaction levels.

Sorry to go on a rant but I have lived and breathed this stuff for most of my career.
It makes me so angry that something that I truly love (the club) can be so fucking abject, uncaring and unprofessional with this customer facing element.

Trust pilot is a bag of shite though, know for people putting on paid for reviews and being pretty inacurate

The first, second and third reason is piss poor senior management. You can insource, outsource or have both to your hearts content but if you have a management layer that 1) dont listen to their customers 2) dont take accountability or responsibility for their function, you get this mess further down the chain.

I used to run customer service functions and I can tell you that good ones are constantly monitored by management. response times (on the phone) abandon rates (the number of callers hanging up without being answered) customer satisfaction (little call surveys) productivity, and on and on. Those numbers are monitored by the minute by good management and when phone queues get long, remedial action taken, if satisfaction dips, remedial action taken. Management should be actively listening to a sample of service calls made each day and feeding back both the good and the bad to agents. Not only is this stuff managed actively but the daily results will be fed to senior management who should be interrogating any worrying trends and taking remedial action. It doesn't matter if its outsourced, your contract specifies what service levels you want and you are still actively monitoring that you are getting that.

Its not that difficult but it needs forensic management, attention to detail and people who absolutely care about customers. Everything they do re the design and implementation of processes, scripts, new systems, everything, top to bottom should be pointed at service excellence. Do that and the service you provide is fucking exceptional and that is what any good organisation should want. Everyone involved in delivery of customer service should be paid and bonused around customer satisfaction levels.

Sorry to go on a rant but I have lived and breathed this stuff for most of my career.
It makes me so angry that something that I truly love (the club) can be so fucking abject, uncaring and unprofessional with this customer facing element.
Great post. As you say it's not that difficult. The problems City are having suggest a management which does not care about its customers. The problems with the website (poor content and navigation) and the phone system have not been resolved over a period of years. The call volumes at City must be tiny compared to a major online retailer, bank, or even a large local authority which has to deal with complex transactions like benefit claims, social services issues, homeless people, council tax payments etc etc. It feels like the club does not care about its reputation.

I nearly gave up trying to buy a ticket for my lad to the arsenal game. 90 minutes on hold, and that was after I hung up after an hour on hold earlier that day.

Once I got through the ticket office couldn't have been more helpful and the club got the sale. But I wonder how many just gave up.

There's no excuse for this the club should be ashamed. I ordered an Arsenal shirt at Christmas for my nephew because my mum hates buying anything online and I was impressed with the service. I ordered it quite late in December and they kept me updated and the shirt arrived a day early. If Arsenal can be that organised then so can City its things like this that the club need to improve on. The least fans should expect is their basic needs met whether its merchandise or customer service then they can move on to edible cups etc.

Trust pilot is a bag of shite though, know for people putting on paid for reviews and being pretty inacurate

There will always be fake reviews as well as honest reviews. I tend to go off the number of reviews, the more the better, and the average score across the reviews. That has helped me on numerous occasions to buy a product, to hire a trades person, to try a restaurant, etc. I haven't always made the right choice. 2 cowboy plasters with good reviews on Yell being my worst mistake by far. C*nts!

Trustpilot Reviews.

Average to poor reviews came in at 83%. They can't all be fake reviews. (bar the odd fake Rag review thrown in) Excellent to great reviews came in at 17%. Regardless of any possible fake reviews, those figures/% are damning, and show how poor customer and fan service is at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.