The Keeper - Trautmann film Sunday 5th Sept on BBC

Obviously, the film isn’t a documentary and so a lot of the story is fabricated and in many areas I think the true story is more interesting. My role was to point out the facts and errors but ultimately they had to make a story for a cinema audience. I also provided imagery for Wembley and Maine Rd to allow them to recreate both stadia in CGI. I was quite pleased with how those venues come across and were recreated (though there are some discrepancies).

There was also an issue with the Manchester COA for the final. The producers claimed Manchester City Council didn’t give permission to use their crest but that was disputed after the film came out.
The CGI of Maine Road is brilliant, loved that part of the film and always loved the old pictures of Maine Road with Swift and Trautmann diving through the air with packed Kippax behind them.

E9C1DBD8-5B89-4439-A69B-7684A41621F1.png
BB99A120-B904-4B66-8CE5-F941CFE24A8B.jpeg

And on the COA - do the cheeky gits at the Council even own the rights to the COA we used to use? because their logo is very different to our old COA.

Nice one! thanks for the post, wanted to watch this never got round to it - love John Henshaw “give it to Gordon!” lol
saw him on the stairway in the Kippax once demolishing a pie on his own like, miss that old Maine road...ahhh... jumpers for goalposts.

Obviously, the film isn’t a documentary and so a lot of the story is fabricated and in many areas I think the true story is more interesting. My role was to point out the facts and errors but ultimately they had to make a story for a cinema audience. I also provided imagery for Wembley and Maine Rd to allow them to recreate both stadia in CGI. I was quite pleased with how those venues come across and were recreated (though there are some discrepancies).

There was also an issue with the Manchester COA for the final. The producers claimed Manchester City Council didn’t give permission to use their crest but that was disputed after the film came out.
Any specific fabrications ? More interesting in reality how ?

The CGI of Maine Road is brilliant, loved that part of the film and always loved the old pictures of Maine Road with Swift and Trautmann diving through the air with packed Kippax behind them.

View attachment 25704
View attachment 25705

And on the COA - do the cheeky gits at the Council even own the rights to the COA we used to use? because their logo is very different to our old COA.
My uncle remember it as the Popular Side without a roof.

Before my time but I did experience stands without roofs many times, not fun in the English weather!

My uncle remember it as the Popular Side without a roof.

Before my time but I did experience stands without roofs many times, not fun in the English weather!
That many packed in there you only got your cap wet!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.