Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your thinking. Don't leave this in the hands of our board or at the very least be the cherry on the top of the cake. Every footballer wants to be loved & adored so lets pull out all the stops. Who's ordering the vol-au-vents for the buffet spread?
Ordering my arse - I'll make 'em
That should swing the deal

Too much obsessing over not getting Haaland on this thread.

If he comes, he will come on 'sensible' wages. Many clubs will be reassessing their payment model after seeing the car crash that is Barca. Very calculated financial stretching is the name of the new game. And no over stretching.

We have won games against teams with Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Sanchez, Benzema, Hazard, Coutinho, etc in them.

We have already won games against the team with Haaland in it.

Haaland will make the City team better, but if he goes elsewhere we will still have the resources to beat that team he joins.

After all this time, has nobody realised we play as a squad? Not a one man team. We will never be "the Erling Haaland team"

Maybe that is something Erling Haaland needs to understand also!!

I know its the Mirror... but something made Chelsea back off and with the signing of Lukaku they have effectively (I'm assuming here) taken themselves out of the race for Haaland. I cannot conceive of anyway that City would go north of £400k per week. Personally I think the Haaland 'circus' is thoroughly bad for football and I'd be happy if we steered clear of it.

Just a timely reminder. The issue for City isn't just the exorbitant fee, it's mainly the wages, & the ripple effect it could have on our financial model.

If half our team wanted parity with Haaland on a reputed £600k per week, what would happen to our profit/loss bottom line, & FFP? :-|
If half the team want parity with a 30 goal per season striker, then we are in clover, and selling a few of them would reap untold rewards!

Players get paid on production, and forwards get paid more for their particular kind of production.

Any defender making more than a midfielder is a bloody good defender. Any midfielder making more than a goal scoring attacker is a world class midfielder. It’s the natural order of things, with the very odd exception.

If Haaland has the season he had last season during this season, then he writes the numbers onto a blank cheque and there are about 5 or 6 clubs who can sign it.

At his level, it’s about player power and he could quite happily take €5M LESS per season to play for the club he wants to play for. That’s just the way it is!

We could agree to pay him €24M per year, but if he wants to play in Madrid and they offer €18M, will he lose sleep over a paltry €6M/yr? He will make that up and more by signing a new Adidas deal, a Santander deal, a car deal, a Pepsi deal….

I’m pretty sure he already knows where he wants to play, and I’m pretty sure it’s not City.

But, he’s you g enough that he could actually take a 4 year deal from City, walk away at the end of it, in his prime, and get yet another massive pay day elsewhere, if he wanted to.

The kid can write his own ticket at this point, because that release clause is worth more than his weight in gold!!

If half the team want parity with a 30 goal per season striker, then we are in clover, and selling a few of them would reap untold rewards!

Players get paid on production, and forwards get paid more for their particular kind of production.

Any defender making more than a midfielder is a bloody good defender. Any midfielder making more than a goal scoring attacker is a world class midfielder. It’s the natural order of things, with the very odd exception.

If Haaland has the season he had last season during this season, then he writes the numbers onto a blank cheque and there are about 5 or 6 clubs who can sign it.

At his level, it’s about player power and he could quite happily take €5M LESS per season to play for the club he wants to play for. That’s just the way it is!

We could agree to pay him €24M per year, but if he wants to play in Madrid and they offer €18M, will he lose sleep over a paltry €6M/yr? He will make that up and more by signing a new Adidas deal, a Santander deal, a car deal, a Pepsi deal….

I’m pretty sure he already knows where he wants to play, and I’m pretty sure it’s not City.

But, he’s you g enough that he could actually take a 4 year deal from City, walk away at the end of it, in his prime, and get yet another massive pay day elsewhere, if he wanted to.

The kid can write his own ticket at this point, because that release clause is worth more than his weight in gold!!
True except that nobody will agree to a 4 year deal with the way this is panning out. He's surely only going to be signed on a very long term contract with no release clause (excepting the Spanish €2billion nonsense).

The whole issue is what the agent wants and what the salary will be. It will not bode well with our structure so I don't think this would happen. Honestly I would go for Bellingham more than I would for Haaland if we are ever going to buy a player from Dortmund.

Haaland will cost alot of money and will de-stablize the wage structure and I don't think KDB and others would be happen a new comer will get more salary than them

The whole issue is what the agent wants and what the salary will be. It will not bode well with our structure so I don't think this would happen. Honestly I would go for Bellingham more than I would for Haaland if we are ever going to buy a player from Dortmund.

Haaland will cost alot of money and will de-stablize the wage structure and I don't think KDB and others would be happen a new comer will get more salary than them
I think Bellingham might be too old to be honest

Bellingham will cost a fortune when he eventually returns to England

I don’t get this de-stabilizing wage structure. All our players aren’t on the same money, some earn more than others and it’s all fine. The board will decide his worth and the same goes for future contract negotiations with likes of De Bruyne. A couple might have clauses to match highest earner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.