Americana / alt.country thread

Most of my favourite artists fit into this genre, although I’m going to leave Tom Petty out as he is more in the rock/pop genre (but only just). So that leaves:-

Bruce Springsteen
John Mellencamp - whose “The Lonesome Jubilee” is the very definition of Americana and my number 1 all-time album.
Chris Whitley - his best two albums are definitely Americana
Counting Crows
John Hiatt
Steve Earle
The Rainmakers
Bruce Hornsby
The Hooters
Grant Lee Buffalo
Jim White
Josh Ritter
Bob Dylan
Blitzen Trapper
Calexico
The Jayhawks
Ryan Adams
Ryan Bingham
Steve Forbert
Son Volt

Most of my favourite artists fit into this genre, although I’m going to leave Tom Petty out as he is more in the rock/pop genre (but only just). So that leaves:-

Bruce Springsteen
John Mellencamp - whose “The Lonesome Jubilee” is the very definition of Americana and my number 1 all-time album.
Chris Whitley - his best two albums are definitely Americana
Counting Crows
John Hiatt
Steve Earle
The Rainmakers
Bruce Hornsby
The Hooters
Grant Lee Buffalo
Jim White
Josh Ritter
Bob Dylan
Blitzen Trapper
Calexico
The Jayhawks
Ryan Adams
Ryan Bingham
Steve Forbert
Son Volt

Mate. Some top shouts there.

I saw Josh Ritter at Academy 2 in 2005-ish. He did half the set unplugged, totally acoustic. Such a mint gig - I’m 34 so that was probably one of the first ‘proper’ gigs I went to.

“Hello blackbird, hello Starling, winters over, be my darlin’…”

Get a little confused as to what is alt country but 3 of my favourites are Poco, Little Feat and Gram Parsons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.