9/11: Inside the President’s War Room - BBC / Apple TV+ Documentary

Anybody interested in the events of that tragic day should visit the 9/11 exhibition in New York if they are visiting. Did it with the wife a couple of years back and it is extremely well done.
I was in New York about 6 months after it happened. Visited what was then still called 'ground zero'. The odd mix of DIY tributes, flowers etc and the sickening sight of street traders selling 9/11 postcards and keyrings was very strange to say the least.

How these tat-hawking fuckers didn't get their heads kicked in (or blown off) on a daily basis by the NYPD still confuses me.

Watched both the BBC and Netflix series and both are excellent. I'll catch up on the Nat Geo one.

One of the best ones I've ever seen is simply called 9/11.

It's two French brothers who were filming a documentary about a rookie firefighter in his first month on the job.

When the planes hit one brother stayed at the station filming the day and filming the firefighters coming in out our of the station and the utter chaos.

The second brother went out with the rookie and the crew into to South tower and was actually filming inside when the north tower fell. Some of the football is truly astonishing. Unbelievably he and the crew survived

I was in New York about 6 months after it happened. Visited what was then still called 'ground zero'. The odd mix of DIY tributes, flowers etc and the sickening sight of street traders selling 9/11 postcards and keyrings was very strange to say the least.

How these tat-hawking fuckers didn't get their heads kicked in (or blown off) on a daily basis by the NYPD still confuses me.
The official souvenir shop at Ground Zero left me baffled......sweatshirts,posters,model fire engines and confectionary etc.

Truly bizarre.

The new series (6 part) on Nat Geo that started on Tuesday is very intense. 9/11: One Day In America has lots of unseen footage and interviews with survivors. I must have watched everything 9/11 based, and this programme has probably been the most difficult to watch, and throws up some stories and events that I cant recall hearing before.
Yes it’s very sad, I’m on episode 3 now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.