26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda unfair to Mahrez that he got dropped after everything he did since the start of the year. I'm glad Gabby Jesus is doing very well in that position otherwise it's incredibly bad optics to drop one of the top 2 performers of the previous season.
At the moment, Jesus is showing as much skill and playmaking as Mahrez, but has more energy and moves better. So Jesus starting and Mahrez coming on when the opposition are tired and there may be more gaps makes sense. Jesus starting on RW at Stamford Bridge and Anfield is a no-brainer for me.

At the moment, Jesus is showing as much skill and playmaking as Mahrez, but has more energy and moves better. So Jesus starting and Mahrez coming on when the opposition are tired and there may be more gaps makes sense. Jesus starting on RW at Stamford Bridge and Anfield is a no-brainer for me.
Both are wonderfully skilled players, and we are lucky to have them both. I agree about Jesus having greater tenacity though.

Gabby plays right wing in a completely different style to Mahrez and it has been remarkably effective in the past two games thanks to some great passing from the likes of Walker and great running and crossing from Gabby himself.

It has been great seeing dangerous crosses being put into a box which is not packed with opposition players. This is obviously a tactic that has been worked on in training and it has been executed brilliantly.

I wish Mahrez could add more variety to his game. Getting to the byline and crossing with his right more often would make him less predictable and thus harder to defend against.

Mahrez is our only forward who's actually a good substitute.

Jesus has earned his spot, but Mahrez has been very good as a sub after we've battered the opposition with Jesus'constant running and pressing for an hour.

The back post inswinging crosses for Torres and Sterlings headers were lovely.

Gabby plays right wing in a completely different style to Mahrez and it has been remarkably effective in the past two games thanks to some great passing from the likes of Walker and great running and crossing from Gabby himself.

It has been great seeing dangerous crosses being put into a box which is not packed with opposition players. This is obviously a tactic that has been worked on in training and it has been executed brilliantly.

I wish Mahrez could add more variety to his game. Getting to the byline and crossing with his right more often would make him less predictable and thus harder to defend against.
Agree - I think it's back to the traditional wingers which widen the pitch and stretch the opposition. I just don't feel inverted wingers work that well for us. I would love to see Foden and Jesus operating on the wings.

Mahrez is our only forward who's actually a good substitute.

Jesus has earned his spot, but Mahrez has been very good as a sub after we've battered the opposition with Jesus'constant running and pressing for an hour.

The back post inswinging crosses for Torres and Sterlings headers were lovely.
I was thinking this exact same thing. Mahrez (Raz as well) look so incredibly dangerous coming on as subs and running against a ragged defense.

let not get ahead of ourselves yet
Jesus was lovely in the past 2 games of course,
and mahrez ..Raz were good subs..etc but so far they played against Norwich city and arsenal who in my opinion poses no real challenge. I belive that Leicester and Chelsea game will give us a good perspective view.

let not get ahead of ourselves yet
Jesus was lovely in the past 2 games of course,
and mahrez ..Raz were good subs..etc but so far they played against Norwich city and arsenal who in my opinion poses no real challenge. I belive that Leicester and Chelsea game will give us a good perspective view.
I would still start Jesus in those games especially against Chelsea because of his work rate off the ball. He's one of the best at pressing, counter pressing and tracking back to defend. I think back to that CL game against Real Madrid, Gabby was our best player that day.

I would still start Jesus in those games especially against Chelsea because of his work rate off the ball. He's one of the best at pressing, counter pressing and tracking back to defend. I think back to that CL game against Real Madrid, Gabby was our best player that day.
Definitely,Jesus provides a greater presence,he is more dependable in terms of substance.Mahrez is technically brilliant,but his flakiness and powder puff approach is much less appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.