The Keeper - Trautmann film Sunday 5th Sept on BBC

I know there's a small statue of him but he needs a much bigger gesture of remembrance at the Etihad in my opinion. Real legend.

On Sunday (September 5, 2021) evening at 10pm BBC 2 will be showing ‘The Keeper’. I was a consultant to this film. If you’ve not seen it then you certainly should. Trautmann was an incredible man. It’s a dramatisation of a life not always factually exactly what happened but I hope it inspires everyone to find out more about a perceived enemy who became a hero.

Brilliant film, thanks for the heads up, I'll watch again

A lot of the film was lifted from Alan Rowlands book about Bert. He wasn’t credited for it or even compensated for the years of hard work he put into writing the book.
I’m not certain that’s true. Bert spent some time with the German writers telling them his story and they compensated Bert for his time. Much of it is from their own interviews with Bert (to be fair this is where some of the inaccuracies come from too!) not from the book. Bert obviously spoke with Rowlands and with Clay for their books too. Sometimes the subject of a book and a film just happens to tell the same stories about his life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.