City Forever: The Story of our Statues (premiering now)

Where these statues are and are looking out on, does it suggest that something is finally going to happen with the derelict land out the back of the East Stand?

Because what the point of them being there if they are just going to look out at a temporary fence that seems like it’s permanent it’s been there so long?

Great film.

but I got something in my eye watching vinny’s dad.

for such a well known and in demand sculptor, it’s stunning that we’ve managed to get 3 large pieces commissioned from him in 2 years.

Where these statues are and are looking out on, does it suggest that something is finally going to happen with the derelict land out the back of the East Stand?

Because what the point of them being there if they are just going to look out at a temporary fence that seems like it’s permanent it’s been there so long?
Maybe at some point, but surely the statues are for looking in at with the stadium behind not out from.

They said they are going to do a Statues if Bell Summerbee and Lee wonder if that be done in Bronze because of the era they played in?

Maybe at some point, but surely the statues are for looking in at with the stadium behind not out from.
That was my point, probably just worded wrong.

There’s only about a twenty foot gap between the statues and the fence. There’s barely any viewing point to take in the statues and the stadium together, no walk up to them face on.

Surely these statues being put where they’ve been put means those fences are going to disappear and have something finally happen with that area of the site and give these statues a proper setting?

1D60658C-372D-471B-85E0-AFDD928033CB.jpeg
236B1026-6716-40FB-9C5C-713C6144B1A9.jpeg
0980E0CA-2517-42A0-A276-393EF27DF5BD.jpeg
27276C81-9320-453F-921D-EA24F7BA7D4E.jpeg

Imagine no fence, with something else where the other side of the fence is than an abandoned bit of land, where you can walk up and see the statues and take them in with the stadium in the background from a distance…

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.