City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Sadly utds interest payments are not crippling the Glazers or utd itself as proved by the amount of spending on new players and shareholders dividends

What I do hope fucks them short term is team viewer not being in a position to fund its sponsorship agreement
Team viewer in the hands of scammers (I am John Smith calling about your Windows - in an Indian accent ffs) is dangerous to your bank account and finances. Do not engage unless YOU HAVE INITIATED THE CALL with a real problem on your computer.

Our old friemd Ed Thompson has resurfaced in the latest issue of When Saturday Comes. At the end of an otherwise decent article on FFP, he comes up with this:

View attachment 25820
I mean, how wrong can you be? A strongly worded letter has landed on WSC's desk. Let's see if they print it.
My memory isn't what it was but am I right in thinking that City's "bad" first day at CAS was because virtually any documents UEFA wished to present were found to be admissible by the court, contrary to City's claims, but that, in fact, this served only to show that they had no evidence at all to support their charges and that they could not argue this was because they were not allowed to present their case?

In the court of public opinion city have been found guilty. The smear campaign has well and truly succeeded and the damage will reverberate for years.

The club have missed the boat on gauging the media’s thirst for our demise.

Damn shame.

Going forward we either need to ignore the noise or face it full on using whatever legal means necessary.

Nothing comes from doing nothing”-WS

Last edited:
My memory isn't what it was but am I right in thinking that City's "bad" first day at CAS was because virtually any documents UEFA wished to present were found to be admissible by the court, contrary to City's claims, but that, in fact, this served only to show that they had no evidence at all to support their charges and that they could not argue this was because they were not allowed to present their case?
We "lost" our two main arguments on the first day, which were the admissibility of the stolen emails and the time barring of these charges. Having lost those, there was nothing in the emails anyway, regardless of when anything happened.

I'm not even sure why we bothered arguing these points in the first place. Our attitude could simply have been "Show us what you've got. Is that it? Haha."

We "lost" our two main arguments on the first day, which were the admissibility of the stolen emails and the time barring of these charges. Having lost those, there was nothing in the emails anyway, regardless of when anything happened.

I'm not even sure why we bothered arguing these points in the first place. Our attitude could simply have been "Show us what you've got. Is that it? Haha."
I thought CAS accepted the time barring of some of them?
We probably also did it to make sure they'd think twice about doing anything again in future. They're not exactly renowned for understanding their own rules

It seems clear that the PL have even less evidence than UEFA had and they only launched their own investigation because of political pressure from our commercial rivals. I suspect their strategy is now to spin it out as long as possible in the hope that the negative media courage about City will enable them to say to LFC and MUFC : "We did our best for you but we were powerless against City's expensive lawyers." I think that when the Judge recently criticised the delay in the PL investigation his main message was to the PL itself and was essentially; "Put up or shut up."

I thought CAS accepted the time barring of some of them?
We probably also did it to make sure they'd think twice about doing anything again in future. They're not exactly renowned for understanding their own rules
I think we argued that the charges as a whole should not have been bought as they were just a rehash of the original ones in 2014. Having lost that argument, us and UEFA then argued different interpretations of the limitation. CAS then decided something different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.