F1 Season 2021

Isn't Albon in the Red Bull drivers system though? And Williams are more closely aligned with Mercedes. Or won't that really matter?
Tbh it's a bit confusing for the reasons you've mentioned. I've wondered the same as you.

We'll probably find out in the next week now that the Bottas announcement has happened.

Isn't Albon in the Red Bull drivers system though? And Williams are more closely aligned with Mercedes. Or won't that really matter?
Horner was saying last weekend that Merc might block him going to Williams for exactly those reasons, but he was hoping they'd relent.

Maybe just bad-mouthing Merc, he likes to do that, but yes there'd be a discussion/decision based on whether Merc saw it as a threat to their intellectual property, which is fair enough.

He was pretty good at Toro Rosso in fairness. He got promoted far too soon.
Yep, they should've stuck with and trusted Gasly!

Instead they binned him after half a season and then did the same with Albon the year after. I predict/hope they'll do it again with Perez, because, and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, he's shite and easily the worst of the three. IMO.

Yep, they should've stuck with and trusted Gasly!

Instead they binned him after half a season and then did the same with Albon the year after. I predict/hope they'll do it again with Perez, because, and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, he's shite and easily the worst of the three. IMO.

It's turned Gasly into a man and a top level racing driver so not all bad.

Is there any better marker for how completely unsurprising the George Russel news was that 7 hours later no one has bothered to comment on it?

Formula 1 is shaping up to be the best it's ever been in my lifetime right now. I'm just hoping the spending caps and new regulations have us going into next season with at least a 3 way fight between McLaren, Mercedes and Red Bull, all of whom have a fantastic pair of drivers and maybe Ferrari will get involved too.

Possibility of a Hamilton, Norris, Russell podium next year? The last all British podium was 1968, and the last triple podium for any nationality was 1983 San Marino GP (France)

I had no idea that Mercedes were thinking about Russell, so this has really come out of the blue for me. Shocked is an understatement.

Didn't see that one coming....

Hope he's given equal treatment and not told to be Hamilton's woman if he's chasing another title should he lose this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.