Does Manchester need to demolish and relocate Strangeways??

Convinced my son as a nipper that is was a waterpark, still a chance one day with knock off beach towels over the road.

cant think of many if any in ancoats gated off? Loads of young people with normal jobs in these flats??

it might have been referred to as new Islington. 100% gated off. I know how much that one bedroom flat was as well, it absolutely was not affordable.

btw I’m not saying everywhere in ancoats is like that and there aren’t cheaper places. Throughout Manchester though lots are out of reach for ordinary paid people. I think there should be more of a balance. The council in particular don’t build enough council houses or help with this issue

Last edited:
Would the prison be able to accommodate you all?

Oh wait, I misread that.

Thought it was asking should Manchester be demolished and you all be moved to Strangeways.

Sorry. Manchester is a lovely place.
Honest.

Walking past where Piccadilly 21 used to be last week, one planter had a dead tree in it, another with some plant in on its last legs, and the third with a load of empty cans in. Where’s the civic pride?

Not sure what my Grandad would have made of it with him having been a gardener for the council.
He’d have been too busy playing snooker with the road sweeper

By heck, Demolish it and build a brewery there,could become the cream of Manchester

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210906_214712.jpg
    Screenshot_20210906_214712.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 6

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.