Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brace yourselfs for the Ronaldo media w@nkfest to reach a climax this weekend when he makes an appearance at Trafford.
BBC 5 live have already switch full match commentary from our game to the rags at 3pm.

Also sky have already named the rags Vs Newcastle game as their game of the day even though normally they don't announce which game it is until 6pm on Saturday

Already bragging how many Ronaldo shirts the rags are selling on Sky Sports
Cue all the rags saying that the cost of Ronaldo's fee and wages will be more than covered by shirt sales which is a myth they trot out whenever they shell out too much for a player. (Think Pogba).

Firstly, the rags sell around 3 million shirts a year and that figure doesn't vary much up or down. Although they may get some additional sales the bulk of the shirts would go to rags who would have bought one anyway. It's just that they'll have the name Ronaldo on the back instead of Lingard, Lindelof or McTominay.

Secondly, most clubs get only 10%-15% of royalties from kit manufacturers on shirts they sell. However, the rags' kit deal with Adidas is so front loaded with basic sponsorship cash they get only 5%-6% royalties. Say shirt costs £70. Sales of 3 million would gross £210 million. 5% of that is £10.5 million which wouldn't cover his transfer fee and would only cover about 4 months wages.

just had a quick scroll through mail online and counted 11 different United stories-mainly Ronaldo but also some guy called Van de Bleek-? Also one sly dig at Pep

If City re-signed Aguero in a couple of years, how much media frenzy would there be, I wonder.

No. I don't wonder - I know. Don't tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.