10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a thread about Maine Road and 'characters' who moaned all game, week after week. It should be no surprise when we see forum 'characters' too.

Nonsensical comments like Marvin's,which is as blinkered as they come,and has no logic to it.....are the reason the forum often descends into chaos.
We have Foden, Bernardo, KDB, Sterling, Mahrez, Gunodgan, Torres, Jesus. We don't lack for creative attacking players. We spent £100m on Grealish, and nothing on a defensive midfielder, centre-forward or left back.

You tell me what attributes Grealish has that players like Foden, and Bernardo do not. What is the £100m adding to City's team? It doesn't make sense to me because he wouldn't be in my starting 11, were everyone fit, and a £100m players should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

When Foden and de Bruyne are fit, does he start in your side? Perhaps answer it that way. If he doesn't, then it calls into question his signing.

That’s just standard chemistry mate. He’ll naturally have more of it with the England lads as he’s linked up with them before. Over time the wider squad will understand his movement, etc., and vice versa. We’ve a gem.
He is a gem but we already had a team of gems and he's just one more of a type. In fact he slows the game down, and takes loads of touches, goes round in circles and usually gets us nowhere.

So far he's the footballing equivalent of a dilettante. When Foden is fit, I hope he will go direct for goal. Grealish needs more end product. So far we have had 1 fluke goal and 1 assist. He has to do a lot more than that. He needs to stop dribbling in circles and get some shots away and final balls.

There is a thread about Maine Road and 'characters' who moaned all game, week after week. It should be no surprise when we see forum 'characters' too.
If no one had an opinion it would be very dull wouldn't it. Heaven forbid that someone should ask questions of the new £100m signing in international week when nothing of interest is happening.

My remarks were actually triggered by your Foden video because it forced me to question what we have, and what we don't have and where Grealish fits in. Luxury signing. We weren't in a luxury position. We needed 2-3 players because now Chelsea imo are looking real competitors and this Summer's window was not good enough.

If no one had an opinion it would be very dull wouldn't it. Heaven forbid that someone should ask questions of the new £100m signing in international week when nothing of interest is happening.

My remarks were actually triggered by your Foden video because it forced me to question what we have, and what we don't have and where Grealish fits in. Luxury signing. We weren't in a luxury position. We needed 2-3 players because now Chelsea imo are looking real competitors and this Summer's window was not good enough.
You are right, it is about opinions. I feel it is much too early to make any kind of judgement, that's all, and our opinions on other players clearly differ.

Nowhere near effective as Sterling. Is this the Sterling who's had a 12 month sabbatical and now not a regular starter?
Yes. He's not become a bad player overnight, he's struggled as City have changed tactics.

Sterling is a top quality player who has proven himself. We didn't need another jinking dribbler who can cut in from wide positions and curl a ball to the far post or play little though balls. We've got all that in other players.

I don't say he's a bad player. He's one of the best in the country but we've got players like him in our squad. I maintain we have spent £100m and are unbalanced.

Argue it instead of giving me back one line questions.

Yes. He's not become a bad player overnight, he's struggled as City have changed tactics.

Sterling is a top quality player who has proven himself. We didn't need another jinking dribbler who can cut in from wide positions and curl a ball to the far post or play little though balls. We've got all that in other players.

I don't say he's a bad player. He's one of the best in the country but we've got players like him in our squad. I maintain we have spent £100m and are unbalanced.

Argue it instead of giving me back one line questions.
I've no desire to argue. Your post was nonsense and premature to say the least.
Suffice to say, those in charge who I suspect have a tad more insight than you, don't share your views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.