10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could have had KDB, Foden supplying Kane had we done it differently.

Grealish was amazing for Villa. He was one of the best players in the league before he got injured but his strengths don't cover our weaknesses. he's also not a quick one touch passer. I don't like the way he takes so many touches of the ball and then passes it on with City often in no better a position. He will have to develop his game because imo he has not been particularly effective yet. I am sure he will get better but I question whether Grealish was the player we needed this window.
Of course he can play quick one touch football,i'd go as far as to say it is something he excels at,its just that in that Villa side the opportunity to display such was none existent......again that will all become apparent when he links up with KDB and Foden.

I am amazed by some comments here - I'm convinced people watch a different game than I do, at times.

Oh he’s faster than Mahrez, but Mahrez is quicker over a half yard, quick enough to move the ball and get his shot off without it being blocked but that’s partly due to Mahrez playing on the “wrong” side. I think if Jack played on the right he’d be more aggressive with his shooting too, but on the left the full back is always going to show him the outside and he usually takes it, he can only pass it across the box or play back at that point.

If Mahrez played on the left he wouldn’t be as aggressive with his shooting either.

As we saw with England tonight, if he goes outside he’s not going to put it across the box if there is nobody there and it goes backwards, and that’s not his fault.

I think he’ll get most of his goals coming in at the back post like the one he scored from against Norwich.

For me, David Silva is our best ever player, and you can throw that same criticism at him, but Jack’s not a traditional winger either (Silva did start on the wing at Valencia) and he’s played slightly more inside for us than he did for England tonight.

I don’t think he’s going to create and score himself and if people expect that for £100M they’re going to be disappointed.
Jack is right footed and plays on the left, same "wrong side" as mahrez

Jack is right footed and plays on the left, same "wrong side" as mahrez
Correct. Mahrez is brilliant at shifting it to get half a yard to either whip a ball in or shoot. Other big advantage Mahrez has over all our wide players but especially Grealish is he’s nowhere near as one footed as at times he’s made out to be. He can deliver a cross with his right and has scored some great goals with his weaker foot. With Grealish and Sterling their weak foot is purely for standing on. Although in Sterling’s defence goal scoring isn’t a problem.

We have Foden, Bernardo, KDB, Sterling, Mahrez, Gunodgan, Torres, Jesus. We don't lack for creative attacking players. We spent £100m on Grealish, and nothing on a defensive midfielder, centre-forward or left back.

You tell me what attributes Grealish has that players like Foden, and Bernardo do not. What is the £100m adding to City's team? It doesn't make sense to me because he wouldn't be in my starting 11, were everyone fit, and a £100m players should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

When Foden and de Bruyne are fit, does he start in your side? Perhaps answer it that way. If he doesn't, then it calls into question his signing.
Marvin....spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.