Talksport

A typical example of idiots assuming that just because someone has a posh accent and knows a few 'long words' they are intelligent.

See also: Boris Johnson. He's thick as two short planks, but the plebs lap up his nonsensical ramblings.
We Brits are conditioned from an early age to respond to a posh voice. Not so much these days, but in TV dramas or comedy, the person in charge usually speaks posh. Also, in adverts when they want to tell you something they deem as important they put the message over in a posh voice. However, in recent times, it seems that every advert has to be mixed race and LGBTQ+ compliant. To reflect modern life, I guess :)

Do they still have targeted ads for bags of sand and hedgehog gutter brushes? I’ve not listened to talk sport for years, turning the radio off and listening to the sound of the car engine gave more informed views on the game of football than listening to that shite.
The last time I listened to it, every other advert was for van hire and discount bags of screws. They know their market.

I've got CarPlay in my new car it's a godsend. I listen to podcasts and audiobooks now, or 6 Music.

We Brits are conditioned from an early age to respond to a posh voice. Not so much these days, but in TV dramas or comedy, the person in charge usually speaks posh. Also, in adverts when they want to tell you something they deem as important they put the message over in a posh voice. However, in recent times, it seems that every advert has to be mixed race and LGBTQ+ compliant. To reflect modern life, I guess :)
Very accurate post

Jamie O'Hara: "Maguire walks into City's team, he's better than Stones and Dias."

*turns off*
It is clear the media are pushing the Maguire is world class narrative. No surprise it was started by Neville at the end of last season, because he cant bring himself to admit he was wrong about Stones and just heaps the Stones turnaround inform on being next to Dias and he is doing the same for Maguire in the national team.

I said on another post there would be a complete love in for Maguire if he performed like Stones last night. Judging by this he doesnt even have to perform well for them to blow smoke up his arse. Maguire would get found out at City without the defensive midfield infront of him at club and national level. Rice covered for him alot last night, but it doesnt get highlighted. Yet anything positive is highlighted by the commentary. Its the complete opposite for Stones.

The last time I listened to it, every other advert was for van hire and discount bags of screws. They know their market.

I've got CarPlay in my new car it's a godsend. I listen to podcasts and audiobooks now, or 6 Music.
I’ve not listened to 6Music since Radcliffe and Maconie were taken off the afternoon show.

It was a scandalous decision.

And it clearly is very effective.

For a radio station allegedly so anti City, a lot of people on here spend a lot of their time listening and reacting to Talksport nonsense.

People who don't listen to Talksport seem to know a lot about it too !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.