Oldham Athletic thread

not sorry what so ever about oldham football club after they give it the big i am back in the day ?
oldham fan base is made up of city and united fans and our good money ? if the people of oldham don't go and turn up and watch them and put their money into the club then why should we

small town clubs need their local fan base to back the club or it goes tits up its simple
the people of burnley are the prime example they turn up and back their club knowing its needed and then investment will follow

oldham is a big town over 200.000 people ? so if you put Burnley face to face and around 70.000 you think oldham should be getting close to 25.000 every week ?

i said this about bury stop feeling sorry for them and helping out ? if people of bury don't give a shit then why should we
Thing with Burnley is they had a decent history in the 50s 60s which will have a knock on affect in future generations........ Oldham had a good few seasons in the late 80s 90s and that about it .........and your just looking at Burnley the town when in reality they are pulling fans from Burnley right up to Keighley

Thing with Burnley is they had a decent history in the 50s 60s which will have a knock on affect in future generations........ Oldham had a good few seasons in the late 80s 90s and that about it .........and your just looking at Burnley the town when in reality they are pulling fans from Burnley right up to Keighley
I wonder how many extra fingers that adds up to?

Yes. Burnley was said at one time to have the biggest crowds per capita of the local population. Loads of fans fron Keighley, Skipton and the Craven area. Why? Leeds were a second div side and there was good public transport from Craven to Burnley, in the first div.

burnley and blackburn can hold their own if they are doing well and in the top league
the drop off was in the lower leagues but burnley was well backed by locals. oldham should be a good football catchment but they still struggled in the top league and only the big northwest teams was full houses ? for a town of 200.000 and more oldham are piss poor supported by locals

its now time for locals to put your hands in their pockets and go and watch your team or it will close
the big northwest clubs are now dog eat dog ? and will eat your money from sky subscription fees watching us every week. so how about local people from oldham going to watch your club instead

not sorry what so ever about oldham football club after they give it the big i am back in the day ?
oldham fan base is made up of city and united fans and our good money ? if the people of oldham don't go and turn up and watch them and put their money into the club then why should we

small town clubs need their local fan base to back the club or it goes tits up its simple
the people of burnley are the prime example they turn up and back their club knowing its needed and then investment will follow

oldham is a big town over 200.000 people ? so if you put Burnley face to face and around 70.000 you think oldham should be getting close to 25.000 every week ?

i said this about bury stop feeling sorry for them and helping out ? if people of bury don't give a shit then why should we
Bang on mate

burnley and blackburn can hold their own if they are doing well and in the top league
the drop off was in the lower leagues but burnley was well backed by locals. oldham should be a good football catchment but they still struggled in the top league and only the big northwest teams was full houses ? for a town of 200.000 and more oldham are piss poor supported by locals

its now time for locals to put your hands in their pockets and go and watch your team or it will close
the big northwest clubs are now dog eat dog ? and will eat your money from sky subscription fees watching us every week. so how about local people from oldham going to watch your club instead
As a rough estimate I’d say 75% of football fans in Oldham are either city or rags

that will get even higher in the areas closer to Manchester like south chadd and Failsworth

And Todmorden area too

As a rough estimate I’d say 75% of football fans in Oldham are either city or rags

that will get even higher in the areas closer to Manchester like south chadd and Failsworth

I went too Breeze Hill school for a couple of years 1978/79, in my year I was the only City fan, there was two lads the year below me who were also City, all of us were exiled from Middleton.
There was a couple of Oldham fans, but the majority were scum fans followed closely by red dippers which I could never get my head around. When the dippers won the league there were videos of mass celebrations in Glodwick with open top buses and parties, very weired.
If the locals can't be arsed getting behind their own town, why should anyone else be bothered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.