Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close relative has been quiet in the anti vaxx (qanonce stuff) lately.
Perhaps because the grand conspiracy never really materialised….
But news of Scotland’s covid vaccine passports has awoken the inner beast.
The ‘thought police’ & ‘stasi’ are finally hear & the tin foilers are vindicated after all.

I don’t think I have the patience to be quiet anymore. I’m at the stage in my life (finally) where I don’t need to be around negative people as I’ve had more than my fair share.

He believes right wing, privately educated cartoonists (and all the other right wing freedom loons) over me (despite me still struggling with health issues post covid).

What’s the point in taking anyone seriously who’s previous modelling was so wank.

It's not that far off?

Plus, I tend to appreciate it because there is no agenda in his modelling, and he self admits a lot of uncertainty with several different factors. There's no point in taking it as gospel, but it's as good of range of projections we're likely to get anywhere meantime.

It's not that far off?

Plus, I tend to appreciate it because there is no agenda in his modelling, and he self admits a lot of uncertainty with several different factors. There's no point in taking it as gospel, but it's as good of range of projections we're likely to get anywhere meantime.
Fair comment, I scan read it too quickly. I do find though, and it was from reading on further with his tweets, that there are far too many assumptions to take further projections seriously.

Close relative has been quiet in the anti vaxx (qanonce stuff) lately.
Perhaps because the grand conspiracy never really materialised….
But news of Scotland’s covid vaccine passports has awoken the inner beast.
The ‘thought police’ & ‘stasi’ are finally hear & the tin foilers are vindicated after all.

I don’t think I have the patience to be quiet anymore. I’m at the stage in my life (finally) where I don’t need to be around negative people as I’ve had more than my fair share.

He believes right wing, privately educated cartoonists (and all the other right wing freedom loons) over me (despite me still struggling with health issues post covid).
“Freedom loons” is one I’ve not heard before.

Fair comment, I scan read it too quickly. I do find though, and it was from reading on further with his tweets, that there are far too many assumptions to take further projections seriously.

Yeah - there's loads of varying assumptions, which ultimately makes it a near impossibility to predict with any kind of certainty. Level of waning immunity, speed of waning, difference in waning between age groups, people's behaviours, boosters - to who and when? Etc.

I'm kinda taken aback we're now getting projections into 2022 tbh. Totally get that some of the projections are more worst case than his other ones, but I'd love to know at which point all these hospitalisation waves stop being meaningful (with the greatest respect).

there are far too many assumptions to take further projections seriously

Which is exactly what he says himself...

Overall conclusion seems to be that there is a very wide spread of future possibilities.

Which is actually not a change.

In reference to the (potential) Biden vaccine mandates:

Indeed, older City fans would understand that having seen Bert Trautman play. Sometimes history dictates that some things have to be temporarily suspended without it being the end of civilisation or, indeed, the end of those rights when special circumstances are over.

As George's ex crewmate might say - sometimes we have to accept that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.