9/11 where were you?

Working at Leicester uni watching it unfold in the students common room, later moved to New York for a while and a good friend who worked in the city said everyone just got up and walked home, he lived in Queens . Remember when I was there they were still in the process of clearing the place up, I stood there taking it all in when he said you’ve been looking it for almost 20 minutes without saying a word . I just couldn’t imagine being there and what all those poor people went through

Got into the car to drive to Nottingham for the cup game, turned the radio on and heard the awful news on Talksport from Mike Parry. Listened to it all the developments and updates from Parry on the journey to the game. Some of the stuff he was describing from the TV images were horrendous. He wanted the authorities to cancel all the matches that evening and I believe it was touch and go but it went ahead.

I was working a shift in the kitchen at McDonald’s and heard that a light aircraft had hit the WTC. I had a private pilot license at the time and thought ‘wow that’s really thick how have they managed that’. Then I heard that some ‘Kosovan hijackers’ had taken control of planes and so went upstairs to see what was happening.

Several of us stood there open mouthed for the next few hours in total shock. It was simply unbelievable what was happening. The horror was beyond imagination when you saw people jumping.

I actually had an interview booked in for cadet pilot at BA which needless to say got cancelled a few weeks later.

Heard about the first plane before going into a meeting in Irlam and the second soon after the meeting. Then heard all the details as I drove to Nottingham with a couple of mates for our game that evening.

All Saudi nationals took over those jets yet Saudi Arabia has never been sanctioned.
One of the first Saudi flights out of the USA after the grounding was the Bin Laden family jet.

“One flight, the so-called Bin Ladin flight, departed the United States on September 20 with 26 passengers, most of them relatives of Usama Bin Ladin. Screening of this flight was directed by an FBI agent in the Baltimore Field Office who was also a pilot … The Bin Ladin flight and other flights we examined were screened in accordance with policies set by FBI headquarters and coordinated through working-level interagency processes. Although most of the passengers were not interviewed, 22 of the 26 people on the Bin Ladin flight were interviewed by the FBI. Many were asked detailed questions. None of the passengers stated that they had any recent contact with Usama Bin Ladin or knew anything about terrorist activity.”

I don’t know about you, but I’m shocked..shocked, I say…that they all said they knew about it!

I was fixing to drive to Thermopolis in Wyoming with my folks, they were visiting from England. My brother called me from Australia babbling about the US being attacked, I figured with the time change he was probably drunk, eventually woke the misses up and turned the tv on. It was a long five hour drive and very quiet in the car, remember watching it later in the safari bar, very strange…….

Working in a warehouse in Ardwick just before going back for my second year at uni, all round the little tele we had in the back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.