The Keeper - Trautmann film Sunday 5th Sept on BBC

Trautmann's Journey is a great book with some horrific stories about his time on the Eastern Front. His life story before he even arrived in the UK is amazing and would make an even better film than "The Keeper," which I also hugely enjoyed.

My mum bought be Trautmann’s Journey for Christmas a few years ago. It’s sat on my bookshelf since…I need to get it out and read it now.

Watched it last night, enjoyed it but im terrible for watching ‘true stories’ and googling the facts all the way through and thinking “well it didnt happen like that”. But i guess artistic license is ok to make a film more entertaining.

who was the big fat city captain supposed to be ?

I watched it on catch up last night and thoroughly enjoyed it as did Mrs laser who knew nothing about Bert. I know there's always a certain amount of dramatic licence in these things but for me what stuck out like a sore thumb was Jock Thomson being City's manager at the 1956 FA Cup Final when he was sacked 6 years earlier following City's relegation. Les McDowall was the manager then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.