Applauding opposition goals

Cyrille Regis scored a belter for West Brom at the Platt Lane end, late 70s? Most of the ground applauded that one. First time I can remember it happening.
if this goal had been televised they would be still taking about it today. i’ve still got a newspaper cutting in an old scrapbook of the goal somewhere. west brom gave us a real beating that day . it was also mike doyle’s last ever game

Arsenal destroying us 5-1 at Maine road wasn’t just the goals but how they played us off park etc
Was that the game where Merson had a blinder and came off to an ovation from the City crowd. I know I clapped him off. Regretted it ever since he retired and slagged City off.

I remember clapping a Zolton Gera one for Fulham towards the North Stand at the Etihad - it was a cracker

also I think I clapped the falcao goal (chip) v Monaco - particular because it was a recasting counter attack and a sublime bit of skill but that game was so entertaining

That was good sofa as I remember
I was just watching that KDB belter against Leicester when he smashed it in the bottom left corner from outside the box. A chap a few rows back in the Leicester end is politely applauding the obvious moments of brilliance.

It got me thinking back to the days when City were the underdog without the world class names. I personally remember Arsenal with Henry, Pires et all coming to Maine Road and absolutely taking us to the cleaners but some moments you just have to appreciate the immense ability and I vividly remember a fair chunk of the crowd clapping at some moments of Arsenal play.

So, have there ever been moments where you have put football rivalry aside and just thought fuck it - that’s what the beautiful game is all about from an opponent?
The one time that i didn't mind losing was against Leeds at maine Road in the fa cup only because i came away thinking ive been truly entertained

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.