10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a lovely footballer but I'm just concerned he's not got enough goals and assists in him for a front 3 role and to justify the transfer fee. We need Foden in that position for the greater goal threat he possesses
This is how I feel about him at the moment. He didn't choose his price tag but he needs to be more deadly in the final third, mainly with his finishing.

Though with his ability and Pep's coaching I'm confident he'll improve immensely in this area throughout this season and beyond.

2nd most chances created in the league, the most from open play. Massive step up in quality from what he's used to but you wouldn't know it as the transition has been seamless.

Reactions: cbl
I think one thing people will have to realise about Grealish is much like David Silva (and in a different way, Bernardo Silva), his goals and assists tally won't be where he shows his ability.

Grealish in the last 3 games has played so many potential 'assist before the assist' passes it's unbelievable. He's carried the ball up the pitch with his dribbling more than any other player in the league (by a big margin too). He's drawing players in and thus creating space for others like a magnet.

Grealish is like a master key that unlocks all doors, but he's never going to be the one to actually go through the door. This will likely stay the same as long as he's playing on the left wing too.

Going to take us the next level you all said...
A match winner you all believed
A cut above and different to anything else you all insisted

Now - he needs time to get up to speed
Or
We must wait till KDB is in the team to see his full potential.

The excuses are flowing.

He is undoubtedly a good player. Did we need him? No
Has he done anything exceptional yet.? No

Honestly the shit some of us got for questioning this transfer verged on Dipper cult mentality.

He is an expensive back up in a position we didn't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.