Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM Highlights

Good day in GM but given the big fall in numbers not as good as you would hope.

Most places are UP week to week by a small amount which means again the North West is not doing as well as many other England regions - notably down south - which are the ones falling right now. And GM is not doing quite as well as you would hope. Though not disastrously.

Stockport had the worst day today again matching Zoe showing it going up in past 2/3 days. Though it could have been worse. Only up 10 week to week and 5 day to day. So just not as good as the rest on a day of falls.

6 of the ten boroughs were under 100 showing how well the rest did.

Trafford the lowest of all on just 71. Stockport's Pop Score lead was cut by another big chunk - 17. That is a huge difference and matches well what Zoe predicted over this weekend for the two boroughs.

Manchester on just 165 cases (only 25 above Stockport) had the biggest drop. Might even claim best Weekly Pop Score with that fall.

a study recently done in America shows that vaccine hesitancy is higher in the more educated and the highest group of hesitancy is amongst those with PHDs

so not sure about your stupid and thick comment tbf

The most hesitant are those who basically want to be in education for most of their life? I honestly do not find that surprising...

ENGLAND REGIONS

EAST FALLS BY 415 - TO 1914 V 3009 - DOWN 1095 IN WEEK

LONDON FALLS BY 618 - TO 2239 V 3641 - DOWN 1402 IN WEEK - AS ON ZOE LONDON DOING VERY WELL

SOUTH EAST FALLS BY 378 TO 2699 V 4407 - DOWN 1708 IN WEEK - ANOTHER HUGE WEEKLY FALL AND STILL BEHIND THE NORTH WEST

SOUTH WEST FALLS BY 704 TO 1573 V 3135 - DOWN 1562 IN WEEK - ONCE AGAIN HUGE DROP

THE NUMBERS IN THE SOUTH ARE VERY SURPRISINGLY BIG FALLS AND MOSTLY WHY ENGLAND HAS BEEN FALLING

EAST MIDLANDS FALLS BY 246 TO 2074 V 2454 - DOWN 380 IN WEEK

WEST MIDLANDS FALLS BY 534 - TO 2236 V 2653 - DOWN 417 IN WEEK

NORTH EAST FALLS BY 474 TO 1120 V 1263 - DOWN 143 IN WEEK

YORKSHIRE FALLS BY 54 TO 2351 V 2381 - DOWN 30 IN WEEK

AND

NORTH WEST FALLS BY 426 TO 2985 V 3462 - DOWN 477 IN WEEK

NORTH WEST STILL HIGHEST REGION

By far the biggest falls are happening in the south but numbers are widely down.

The numbers in the North are NOT falling as fast and they are doing relatively less well.

IF the North were falling as much as the south the numbers really would be down.

GM AS A PERCENTAGE OF NORTH WEST CASES

TODAY 35. 4% DOWN FROM 38.1% YESTERDAY - GM DID WELL V NW TODAY

BUT UP FROM 33.3% LAST WEEK - SO LESS GOOD WK TO WK THOUGH NOT BY MUCH

No but there was one on the roundabout near here when I was coming back from the gym. I took the opportunity to fulfil my civic duty and told each and every one of them they were idiots, morons, irresponsible etc. My wife always tells me you lose the moral high ground when you start swearing in public arguments. It was only when I got towards the end of the line and they started to give abuse back that I cracked and called them “fucking wankers”.
I did exactly same - on Kingsway near Sainsbury’s. Gave them both barrels

GREATER MANCHESTER SCOREBOARD

TOTAL CASES 1058 - DOWN 243 FROM YESTERDAY. NORTH WEST FELL BY 426. GM FALL IS WELL OVER EXPECTATION SO GOOD DAY.

VERSUS LAST WEEK GM WAS THEN 1152 - DOWN 94. NORTH WEST FELL BY 477 WEEK TO WEEK. THAT IS A LITTLE BELOW EXPECTATION OF AROUND A FALL OF 165. BUT NOT A DISASTER.

MANCHESTER 165 - DOWN 77 on day & DOWN 58 wk to wk

Manchester Pop Score up 30 - joint lowest today. POP SCORE 15, 458 - NO LONGER HIGHEST IN GM

STOCKPORT 140 - UP 5 on day & UP 10 wk to wk. Pop Score up 47 today. Highest in GM today. POP SCORE 12, 311 and lost another 17 in one go of its slim lead over Trafford who had a far better day

WIGAN 134 - DOWN 14 on day & DOWN 14 wk to wk. Pop score up 40 today - POP SCORE 14, 469

BOLTON 102- UP ^6 on day & UP 13 wk to wk - Bolton Pop Score up 35. Also up both measures today much like Stockport. POP SCORE 14, 682

OLDHAM 97 - DOWN 42 on day & UP 7 Wk to Wk. Pop Score up 40 and now 46 ahead of Manchester for highest overall GM pop score. POP SCORE 15, 504

ROCHDALE 95 - UP 26 on day & UP 8 wk to wk - Pop Score up 43 - POP SCORE 14, 953

TAMESIDE 89 - DOWN 36 on day & DOWN 30 wk to wk - Another very good day here. Pop Score up 39 - not close to highest rise in GM today and caught Stockport too. POP SCORE 13, 657

SALFORD 84 - DOWN 58 on day & UP 10 wk to wk. Pop Score up 32. POP SCORE 15, 158

BURY 81 - UP 17 on day & UP 7 wk to wk Pop score here up 43. POP SCORE 14, 333

TRAFFORD 71 - DOWN 48 on day & DOWN 47 Wk to wk - Pop Score up by 30 points today - joint lowest today with Manchester. 17 LESS than Stockport. So the gap to SKs lowest GM Pop Score lead is sliched to just 23. POP SCORE OF 12, 334.

Last edited:
Just encourage them and if they don’t want to, acknowledge some people have a right to be fucking stupid and leave them to it.

GM boroughs weekly past 7 day case totals:

Bury 585, Rochdale 691, Trafford 787, Bolton 835, Oldham 836 , Salford 916, Tameside 953, Stockport 1077, Wigan 1198, Manchester 1615

At the right end of the table Bury now well clear.

At the wrong end Wigan and Manchester improved and Stockport rose a little.

Trafford and Tameside's recent good runs also lowered their scores.

GM WEEKLY POP SCORES

Remember low scores good - going down good - high scores bad - going up bad

BOROUGH // POP SCORE TODAY // POP SCORE LAST WEEK // UP OR DOWN BY LAST 7 DAYS

Also WAS 4 weeks ago (up/down in past month)

BOLTON 289 // 239 // UP 50 WAS 214 (up 75)

MANCHESTER 291 // 293 //DOWN 2 WAS 340 (down 49)

BURY 307 // 303 // UP 4 WAS 287 (up 20)

ROCHDALE 309// 301 // UP 8 WAS 282 (up 27)

TRAFFORD 331 // 344 // DOWN 13 WAS 339 (down 8)

SALFORD 349 // 341 // UP 8 WAS 357 (down 8)

OLDHAM 351 // 260 // UP 91 WAS 338 (up 13)

WIGAN 362 // 309 // UP 53 WAS 272 (up 90)

STOCKPORT 366 // 392 // DOWN 26 WAS 330 (up 36)

TAMESIDE 420 // 453 // DOWN 33 WAS 311 (Up 109)

Bolton still just top but Manchester's good run of cases means it fell into the 200s and could take the lead from Bolton tomorrow.

Tameside is clearly in most trouble BUT has started falling well over recent days and closing in on a faltering Stockport.

Oldham right now has the biggest problems and the highest overall Pop Score in the 10 boroughs.

A lot of countries remain closed so a lot does remain to be seen.

At present though, having proof you're fully vaxxed means some countries will forgo any testing requirements to get in, or forgo any isolation/quarantine that is otherwise applicable.

Long term, I think travel for anyone unjabbed (and not medically exempt) is going to be difficult. As a minimum there will be more hurdles for those people, but some countries might outright refuse to permit them entry or stipulate that if someone arrives unjabbed they have to do 2 weeks in isolation (essentially banning them without banning them)

If that happens, I will be sure to dig out my tiny violin for these anti-vax wankers.
I've heard few saying they're going to 'kick off' if they introduce tax passport (they won't of course).
Other's saying they'll get forged documents. It's a fine line of wanting these fuckers to pay for their arrogance (they honestly think they've clever), but banning them from travelling out of the UK is a start.
The arrogance of these fools is truly astonishing.

They think they know more about the vaccine than virtually the entire medical profession. It’s actually unbelievable how off the scale preposterous it is, that a sales rep from Wigston thinks they know more than virtually every doctor on the planet about the safety and efficacy of this vaccine.

Dangerous pricks.

It's pure petulance. I played the video of that guy in the states last year on his back screaming and stamping his feet to an anti-vaxxer. Rather than looking embarrassed at this absolute fucking man child, he instead started waffling on about liberties.
It's a close relation (and a new relation....long story) that I otherwise get on with. He has the potential to lose his job/business over this stance.
The people feeding him all this are the right wing media and the likes of Joe Rogan (and he did fall into qanonce).

I had a barrage of missives/retorts to send on Friday but I held back. A: as it's good to take a breather and B: it's merely giving him oxygen.
I fear it will probably destroy the relationship. No surprise to hear he fell into other conspiracy theories.

I no longer have the patience with people who knock my positivity these days, but it's not an easy thing to confront.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.