F1 Season 2021

If think Mercedes should appeal the 3 place penalty with a view to increasing it. Without the halo a driver could have been seriously injured, paralysed or even killed yesterday because of another drivers recklessness. Red Bull appealled after Silverstone so what's any different now?
Mercedes have some class.

Verstappen was already deemed culpable, hence the three car penalty next in Russia.

I have to say, considering the disgraceful way he basically decided to take Lewis out because he knew he couldn't podium after that pit stop, I would ban the fucker.

He's a fucking liability and even Tom Watson, usually such a nice guy, has decided to now call him out for his continued bollocks.

To spin his wheels, knowing Lewis was underneath, to walk away without a secondary glance at his cockpit, all the hallmarks of someone who has lost the plot.

He has been a track bully for far too long, given the benefit of the doubt because his car and talent could make races at the top of the grid more competitive.

Lewis got a ten second penalty at Silverstone, whereas Mad Max gets to keep his points from qualifying.

Wanker.

Feels quite surreal that we came a few inches from the most successful Formula 1 driver of all time dying yesterday.

Feels quite surreal that we came a few inches from the most successful Formula 1 driver of all time dying yesterday.

Exactly. There's zero accountability these days.

We shouldn't have to witness something as fatal as that, to ensure serious sanctions need to be implemented.

That's the first time I have heard Lewis reference his own mortality, despite all the thousands of laps and crashes he has had down the years.

He doesn't need this shit, someone regularly playing chicken with a 1600lb flying bomb.

And to think, Lewis was a big opponent of Halo and said he would hope to be given the option not to use it.

Verstappen immediately snapped, "That's what happens when you don't leave room."

Imagine saying that without knowing Lewis could have been dead underneath him?

What a shameful comment.

Last edited:

We shouldn't have to witness something as fatal as that, to ensure serious sanctions need to be implemented.

That's the first time I have heard Lewis reference his own mortality, despite all the thousands of laps and crashes he has had down the years.

He doesn't need this shit, someone regularly playing chicken with a 1600lb flying bomb.

And to think, Lewis was a big opponent of Halo and said he would hope to be given the option not to use it.

Verstappen immediately snapped, "That's what happens when you don't leave room."

What a shameful comment.

Hamilton had to get down low in his cockpit when all that unfolded. The halo I wonder if it would work even better slightly higher than it is if a bottom of a tyre can touch the top of the drivers head.

Hamilton had to get down low in his cockpit when all that unfolded. The halo I wonder if it would work even better slightly higher than it is if a bottom of a tyre can touch the top of the drivers head.

Possibly, although the angle of the tyre and the depth inside the Halo, suggested it was at a completely freak angle?

Hopefully the boffins can legislate for those freaks now and tweak it, as you say.

I'm more angry the twat kept trying to spin his tyres.

We saw with Senna what a tyre can do.

Not the most aesthetically pleasing device, but kudos for whoever came up with the Halo.

Possibly, although the angle of the tyre and the depth inside the Halo, suggested it was at a completely freak angle?

Hopefully the boffins can legislate for those freaks now and tweak it, as you say.

I'm more angry the twat kept trying to spin his tyres.

We saw with Senna what a tyre can do.

Not the most aesthetically pleasing device, but kudos for whoever came up with the Halo.

Spinning his tyres was bad and I think Hamilton was just as bad trying to reverse with a car on top of him. From a safety aspect they both should have shut the engines off as the hybrid power units can electrocute anyone within contact of the car when the engines are running. I suppose in an incident like that where the red mist is descending it was the last thing on both drivers minds.

What a shameful comment.
Saying that, F1 has precedence for carrying on in spite of itself. Williams and the family are still beloved despite designing a fatally flawed car which killed the greatest driver of that generation. Team should have been kicked out of F1 then and there but no, people are still expected to like them.

Max is just the modern equivalent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.