City not answering the phone

Yep spot on this he has made a complete mess of the atmosphere and don't care about us fans who don't wanna sit in the shit tunnel club. Wednesday gonna be a disaster our supporters services are the worst in England No other fanbase has had to deal and do what we have a disgrace pls someone tell him to sort it
He will be claiming it is a success.

I can only go off what I know about Danny Wilson. I’ve never slagged him off, and I never will do. I’ve met and spoke to Danny Wilson on a few occasions. The last time was a few years ago. He’s always came across as somebody who wants the best for the fans. Somebody who cares about the fans. Somebody who listens to the fans. He worked for City at MR, and has continually been promoted at City due to his hard work, enthusiasm, etc. He was always happy to engage with the fans. And to sort out personal issues. People that know him have only good things to say about him.

At the end of the day Danny Wilson has to do what he is told to do. If the people above him at City want things done differently, in a specific way, for whatever reason, Danny Wilson has to make sure those things get done, regardless. Not for one second do I think Danny Wilson is happy with what’s going on, nor would he liked to be associated with what’s going on.

This is not a pop at our corporate fans.

The insatiable drive by the club for corporate revenues over the last few years at City at the expense of ordinary fans has created ill feeling and a perception, rightly or wrongly, that the club doesn’t give a sh*t about the ordinary fans. And the continual, but basic ticket office, customer service, and website f*uck ups, have only exasperated that I’ll feeling and frustration amongst the fans.

PS. I’m not blaming the ticket office or customer service staff. They are doing their best. As proved today when my query about my Leipzig ticket was handled superbly by a member of staff at the ticket office. Now I have to wait for the Leipzig ticket to hit my Google wallet.

Last edited:
we must of given loads away cos was thousands more yesterday not that it matters tho most of us won't get it we have the worst supporter services in football I fell like they genuinely don't want us to come they have made it more than difficult for everyone of us and many are now going to call it a day we need to go back to season cards and we need to do it now. We are a joke
No doubt some will have been given away but I don’t think it’s loads. I’ve kept my eye on sales since early last week and they’ve been selling steadily all along with a bit of a surge over the past couple of days which is the norm for a lot of CL games as the match gets closer. Only block 140 stuck out as one where a lot of tickets disappeared in a short period of time so I’d guess a decent amount in that block might be freebies. However, despite all the issues with buying/downloading/printing tickets, there are still plenty of impulsive buyers out there who will decide late on to go to this game.

I can only go off what I know about Danny Wilson. I’ve never slagged him off, and I never will do. I’ve met and spoken to Danny Wilson on a few occasions. The last time was a few years ago. He’s always came across as somebody who wants the best for the fans. Somebody who cares about the fans. Somebody who listens to the fans. He worked for City at MR, and has continually been promoted at City due to his hard work, enthusiasm, etc. He was always happy to engage with the fans. And to sort out personal issues. People that know him have only good things to say about him.

At the end of the day Danny Wilson has to do what he is told to do. If the people above him at City want things done differently, in a specific way, for whatever reason, Danny Wilson has to make sure those things get done, regardless. Not for one second do I think Danny Wilson is happy with what’s going on, nor would he liked to be associated with what’s going on.

The insatiable drive by the club for corporate revenues over the last few years at City at the expense of ordinary fans has created ill feeling and a perception, rightly or wrongly, that the club doesn’t give a sh*t about the ordinary fans. And the continual, but basic ticket office, customer service, and website f*uck ups, have only exasperated that I’ll feeling and frustration amongst the fans.

PS. I’m not blaming the ticket office or customer service staff. They are doing their best. As proved today when my query about my Leipzig ticket was handled superbly by a member of staff at the ticket office. Now I have to wait for the Leipzig ticket to hit my Google wallet.
I am with you 1,000%! I’ve said it earlier in this thread that Danny Wilson and Lisa Eaton are two people who care about the supporters and, in my experience, have always done their best. He was the first person to phone me to check that I was ok when our coach was targeted by Liverpool louts.
However, as you say @jrb, they are not the ones in charge and have to do things that they probably won’t like.
The front of house/chalk face staff are the ones who are doing their best in what is a lousy situation.

Great post.

I am with you 1,000%! I’ve said it earlier in this thread that Danny Wilson and Lisa Eaton are two people who care about the supporters and, in my experience, have always done their best. He was the first person to phone me to check that I was ok when our coach was targeted by Liverpool louts.
However, as you say @jrb, they are not the ones in charge and have to do things that they probably won’t like.
The front of house/chalk face staff are the ones who are doing their best in what is a lousy situation.

Great post.
He is Director of Sales, Service & Operations, he certainly should be in charge.

He is Director of Sales, Service & Operations, he certainly should be in charge.

Nobody knows what’s going on or who should take the blame apart from some people at the club, and they aren’t telling anyone or admitting anything.

Today at the ticket office. The queue was stretching past City Square at times. There was a constant queue. The queue was moving, but slowly. Out of the 9 ticket office windows, think it’s 9, 4 windows would open. 2 windows would open. 1 window would open. Close. Open. Close. Open. It was constant musical windows. At no stage while I was in the queue were there more than 4 windows open, that I could see. That to me shows staff shortages, considering the ticketing problems, and the CL match coming up, and staff cost cutting. All the ticket office windows should have been open permanently while there was a queue. Once the queue had gone, then some of the windows could have been closed.

I can only go off what I know about Danny Wilson. I’ve never slagged him off, and I never will do. I’ve met and spoke to Danny Wilson on a few occasions. The last time was a few years ago. He’s always came across as somebody who wants the best for the fans. Somebody who cares about the fans. Somebody who listens to the fans. He worked for City at MR, and has continually been promoted at City due to his hard work, enthusiasm, etc. He was always happy to engage with the fans. And to sort out personal issues. People that know him have only good things to say about him.

The first time I’ve seen Danny was at the Supporters Club thank you event a couple of weeks ago and I was impressed with his him. I know posters have had a lot of good things to say about Danny over the years. He’s obviously done a lot of good things.

That's different from the very difficult tasks involved in procuring the right ticket website, building supporter services capacity and capability etc that are very challenging, as well as stretching himself to keep the Board happy. I know from the job I used to do that, for example, it’s often an uneven conversation when buying IT systems (like our ticket site) from companies that sell and develop those as their bread and butter. I’m not certain of Danny’s role in and whether he was adequately supported or not.

What is pretty clear is that there have been Blues on here who’ve had fantastic first class service when many others have been left in steerage. That’s the way the world often works and people do well to use the contacts they have. That said I have found it a tad hypocritical at times to read posters waxing lyrical about Danny and then laying into supporters clubs for getting the odd perk lol.

I don’t like to see comments seeking Danny’s removal and if he needs more support from the Club, he should get it.

I was in charge of the class I taught but I had to conform to the diktats of both the Head teacher and the Government. There were things I wasn’t allowed to do that I knew were better for those children but (although I did some of them sneakily) I couldn’t or face the sack.

There were things I wanted to do when I was a union official and in other jobs I did which I didn’t think were absolutely right but I had bosses and had to conform. I had a family to provide for and couldn’t afford the luxury of telling them where to go!
It isn’t always as easy as saying he is Head of whatever, he isn’t the owner or the CEO etc.
I know you will probably come back with something sensible, as your original message was, but you will not shake my faith in Danny Wilson. Sorry. :-)

I've given up trying to sort my direct debit out. Left it so I continue to pay for me and my daughter and she pays me half. I can't be arsed going through the torture of ringing the club. I'm lucky because I have tickets, it's just an admin thing for me. But that said if someone very senior at the club put out a video on the OS and said....

'Look guys we fucked up, our systems are shite, we chose the wrong supplier, our bad. But we are sorry to all fans impacted. We are trying our best and we are going to do this, that and the other over the next week (select time period) to break the back of all the shit you are going through'.

Whilst that isn't perfect, even for my mundane issue it would make it more palatable knowing they are doing something positive and are trying to understand our issues. As well as trying to resolve them in a decent time period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.