Running thread

After my 18 mile run on Sunday I felt fine. However woke up on Monday Morning with sharp pains in the top of both feet (metartarsal area) just done a 5 mile run in agony with it. Has anyone else had this ? Could it be something like tendonitis ?

After my 18 mile run on Sunday I felt fine. However woke up on Monday Morning with sharp pains in the top of both feet (metartarsal area) just done a 5 mile run in agony with it. Has anyone else had this ? Could it be something like tendonitis ?
That's weird, yes! I ran 30km on Sunday 5th September, and was pretty tired after it. About 3 o'clock on Monday morning, I woke with pains in both feet, stretching up both my shins. It felt like cramp, but was on the front of my legs, not the muscle areas. No amount of stretching alleviated the pain. It dissipated after about ten minutes, and I've not had it since.

I rested for two days, and since then I've run 5k, 8k, a 20k on Sunday just gone, and 10k today. I've cycled 10k and played football once and there has been no sign of the pain again. I've had shin splints before, and it definitely wasn't that.

Managed 8k just now, longest run since covid so finally starting to feel fitter. Will rest a few days now and then attempt a longish one on Sunday morning. Love running on days like today.

Great news pal. Must have been a very frustrating and worrying time.

That's weird, yes! I ran 30km on Sunday 5th September, and was pretty tired after it. About 3 o'clock on Monday morning, I woke with pains in both feet, stretching up both my shins. It felt like cramp, but was on the front of my legs, not the muscle areas. No amount of stretching alleviated the pain. It dissipated after about ten minutes, and I've not had it since.

I rested for two days, and since then I've run 5k, 8k, a 20k on Sunday just gone, and 10k today. I've cycled 10k and played football once and there has been no sign of the pain again. I've had shin splints before, and it definitely wasn't that.
I’ve heard shin splints is linked to the top of the tendons in your feet. Been in agony today could hardly run for the train after the match tonight. I think a few days rest is required . So frustrating !!

Booked my train for the london marathon today, anyone recommend somewhere to stay that will be near a decent boozer to watch the match after it?

Booked my train for the london marathon today, anyone recommend somewhere to stay that will be near a decent boozer to watch the match after it?
If that's weekend of Liverpool mate everywhere be full of them. Loads of sports bars in zones one and 2. I usually count 5 mins for 2 underground stops so easy to guage timings to get somewhere etc. Pick a few areas and/or hotels I'll take a look. I live in South London about half hour out of city

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.