The girl I once knew.

when i was at school a plump spotty girl always sent me birthday valentines cards etc desperate to go out with her and i always tried to let her down gently as i could feeling sorry for her,cue 15 years later a totaly stunning girl came up to me in a shopping centre who i didnt recognise saying dont you remember me,yep youve guessed it the very same girl basicaly saying the jim bowen line this is what you could have won.
You did her a favour.
Obviously upped her game after your rejections.
Consider yourself a life coach.

Definitely. There are a good half a dozen girls that I went out with between being 18-24 who I could easily have settled down with, but I didn’t want to settle down yet and wanted to keep having more fun.

Now I’m 39 and I’m not meeting these standard of girls anymore (and what’s with these stupid lips they’ve all fucking got these days?!)

Typical City!

But now I’m so good at being single that if I did end up meeting one, I reckon I’d miss the single life too much… can’t win!
Haha. Yes, I feel the same way. It's probably taken the best part of 3-4 years but I'm in that groove now.
I think maybe if someone really turned my heart and soul, I'd probably give it a go.
But I'm not one bit rushing.
Me in a nutshell.

A girl I was seeing, her mother was absolutely right when she said those who waited and played around, would find all the quality girls would have been snapped up when they decided to settle down.

I do feel some blokes just want a surrogate mother though and can't function alone.
Wholeheartedly agree.
When I separated (god, think it will be 4 years this New Years Eve) the ex soon jumped onto online dating, and after a few dates, eventually found a bloke. She was with him 2.5 years years before splitting, then two weeks later she found another bloke.

Far my own part, I had a fair women I was chatting to, few dates and a decent shag. Eventually I decided to leave all that and build myself back up properly and get really comfortable in my own skin. I was always the domesticated one anyway so no need for a mother figure.
As of today I've been really happy in my single life. Free from stress, worry about falling in love and I'm free to concentrate (this year at least) to getting in a strong position.
I do have a fair backlog on a couple of dating apps, but I've since declined a few....started a new job this January so all my efforts go into that (and my kids).
I'm just a lot more open than I've even been in my life.

As for this one (and I know she's at least separated/divorced from her daughter's dad) I'm absolutely not looking to engage as a relationship and I'd make this clear if I decide to drop her a line. I'm not attracted to her and we're completely different people.
Fortunately she lives so far away.

I'm not even really looking for a reply. It's a case of passing my gratitude to her and that in some low moments I remember people like her vividly as a shining light. Conscious of opening stuff like this, but I hope it makes her smile as alluded to in other posters comments on this thread.
A girl from my old school did something to me a few months back (last night message when she was drunk).
She was thoroughly embarrassed the next day but I told her it was nice and made me smile (we just mates in the same class).

Haha. Yes, I feel the same way. It's probably taken the best part of 3-4 years but I'm in that groove now.
I think maybe if someone really turned my heart and soul, I'd probably give it a go.
But I'm not one bit rushing.

Wholeheartedly agree.
When I separated (god, think it will be 4 years this New Years Eve) the ex soon jumped onto online dating, and after a few dates, eventually found a bloke. She was with him 2.5 years years before splitting, then two weeks later she found another bloke.

Far my own part, I had a fair women I was chatting to, few dates and a decent shag. Eventually I decided to leave all that and build myself back up properly and get really comfortable in my own skin. I was always the domesticated one anyway so no need for a mother figure.
As of today I've been really happy in my single life. Free from stress, worry about falling in love and I'm free to concentrate (this year at least) to getting in a strong position.
I do have a fair backlog on a couple of dating apps, but I've since declined a few....started a new job this January so all my efforts go into that (and my kids).
I'm just a lot more open than I've even been in my life.

As for this one (and I know she's at least separated/divorced from her daughter's dad) I'm absolutely not looking to engage as a relationship and I'd make this clear if I decide to drop her a line. I'm not attracted to her and we're completely different people.
Fortunately she lives so far away.

I'm not even really looking for a reply. It's a case of passing my gratitude to her and that in some low moments I remember people like her vividly as a shining light. Conscious of opening stuff like this, but I hope it makes her smile as alluded to in other posters comments on this thread.
A girl from my old school did something to me a few months back (last night message when she was drunk).
She was thoroughly embarrassed the next day but I told her it was nice and made me smile (we just mates in the same class).
Are you going to contact the girl then?

I’m letting it sit with me for a few days mainly due to implications.

I’m not wanting to rekindle a relationship here, but my heart & mind are erring towards just sending her a positive message.
She can either ignore it or use it something to brighten up her life.
I’ve no idea what she’s been through but at our ayou’d have to be very lucky not to peer into the depths of despair more than a few times.

Regret over doing something is transient; not doing something lingers for a very long time.

worse case scenario is I get a:

“Who are u lol x”

(as I can’t remember you & I type like this ffs….)

And like that the mystery & wonderful memories are evaporated…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.