#6 | Nathan Aké - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've conceded 19 goals in the 13 games he's started. Nearly 1.5 goals a game. That includes 5 against Leicester, 3 against Newcastle and 3 here.

Our overall record this and last season is about 0.65 a game.

I do like him, but it seems clear to me he doesn't fit in yet. As others have mentioned, communication with Zinchenko in particular is poor and that side of defence does look very small when they're together.

At the end of the day he's the 4th choice CB...he's not going to be world class. He'll probably be a lot better after the EFL cup games with more football under his belt.
He’s not played much football and is almost always playing in a makeshift defence, which isn’t to excuse him. Don’t know the situation with Laporte and Stones, but I’d be tempted to keep him in for the next two games anyway and with Zinchenko.

Idek if he was that bad. I do blame him on the 3rd for overcommitting.

2nd goal was on the midfield for letting Olmo just run in a dangerous position to cross.

He couldn't do much for the 1st goal either. The ball bounced straight to Nkunku's head.

Could just need a run of games. Dias and Zinchenko were poor too so it's down to communication.

All 3 goals were on him tonight. He is nowhere near the class expected in our CB’s.
He wouldn’t get into Leicester’s defense, he’s several levels below it really.
seems really nice so it’s sad to see but Jesus he is at fault for almost every goal we concede when he plays. Domalino already posted the conceded stats for those who deny it.

it's just not a coincidence that everyone suddenly defends like that when he's on the pitch. we defend as a unit, and he's not in coordination with the other players like stones and laporte are. when one person is not where you expect them to be, the entire unit breaks down.

nice goal though!

Well, I'm pleased for the lad tonight. Knows where he sits in the pecking order and that he won't start many games when everyone is fit, but scored a lovely goal to get this year's campaign underway

We've conceded 19 goals in the 13 games he's started. Nearly 1.5 goals a game. That includes 5 against Leicester, 3 against Newcastle and 3 here.

Our overall record this and last season is about 0.65 a game.

I do like him, but it seems clear to me he doesn't fit in yet. As others have mentioned, communication with Zinchenko in particular is poor and that side of defence does look very small when they're together.

At the end of the day he's the 4th choice CB...he's not going to be world class. He'll probably be a lot better after the EFL cup games with more football under his belt.

Begs the question whether there's any real 'need' for him though if he's not going to be dependable defensively when called upon.

There will be a market for a home grown left sided CB in his prime next summer to at least get back a reasonable percentage of what we bought him for.

I also like him and think we need to see more of him over the course of the season, but in my opinion, if the leaky performances don't stop whilst Ake is starting, I see no real point in us keeping him whilst he still holds value as a player and I don't think we would suffer by having a player like Harwood-Bellis as 4th choice instead of him.

All 3 goals were on him tonight. He is nowhere near the class expected in our CB’s.
He wouldn’t get into Leicester’s defense, he’s several levels below it really.
seems really nice so it’s sad to see but Jesus he is at fault for almost every goal we concede when he plays. Domalino already posted the conceded stats for those who deny it.

You clearly haven't seen Söyüncü play this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.