RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

positives : great result, really good goals, played very well going forward, 6 goals. jack with a beauty!

negative : does anyone think it's a coincidence that whenever Ake is on the pitch suddenly all of our defense turns to shit? You can argue whether or not the goals were his fault (I certainly think so), but the man's positioning is always so out of place that other defenders have to do extra work to cover for him, leaving them exposed. Just like a good defender like dias can make our bad defense from 2 years ago great, a bad defender like ake can create issues for all players.

Again ask yourself if it's a coincidence that our defense suddenly looks like this with him on the pitch
Absolute crap. Nearly all there attack came from our right side where Dias and cancelo were. People just choose one guy to blame and blame home whatever.

I don't think we can start a right side of Mahrez, De Bruyne and Cancelo in a big game. Not because they're wank but because all 3 are chance creating, mavericks who like to get forward. There's no balance. We need a Jesus (best presser), Bernardo, or Walker in there to break that up.

That plus Ake not playing much (which I think led to some positional or communication breakdown) caused our defense to not be as good.

Just an observation. Could be wrong.
100%

Crazy game. Let’s hope we have that out of our system now before Saturday.

Ake & Zin looked well off the pace.

Eddie very nonchalant.

Super Jack is class.

The rest did ok but not good enough as a defensive unit tonight.

It was good fun tho :)
I thought that Zinchenko was good overall.

Last edited:
definitely sick of the notion that any criticism of any city player in a post match thread is "wumming" or scapegoating or slagging or making anyone a scapegoat. they are big boys, they can handle it and so should you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.