Fans holding up "Please Give Me Your Shirt" placards

Don't see a problem with it myself although the chances are that the shirt will go up on the wall and then wait until the father needs something and it goes on ebay or to the auction.
It becomes common and then you get the player who walks past any given sign and gets branded as being heartless.
If it is a gift to give then why not give it to someone completely at random rather than someone who has that preset plan.
The amount of money that these shirts can make now and also considering that they are still the clubs property...surely it would be a nice gesture if the clubs would take them all back in and the give them to local charities...going back into the community. once again the club doing something for the locals.
A die hard fan will obviously end up bidding and getting it and the local charity makes something and it builds good will around the club

Don't see a problem with it myself although the chances are that the shirt will go up on the wall and then wait until the father needs something and it goes on ebay or to the auction.
It becomes common and then you get the player who walks past any given sign and gets branded as being heartless.
If it is a gift to give then why not give it to someone completely at random rather than someone who has that preset plan.
The amount of money that these shirts can make now and also considering that they are still the clubs property...surely it would be a nice gesture if the clubs would take them all back in and the give them to local charities...going back into the community. once again the club doing something for the locals.
A die hard fan will obviously end up bidding and getting it and the local charity makes something and it builds good will around the club
There is no problem with it in general..... it's just not.original. when I first saw it it was mildly amusing.... then everyone jumps on it and does it so the impact is less and less each time.
It's like watching the entitled kids on Willy Wonka demanding "candy" when it is all theirs if they are patient. If i was a player I'd give it to the kid nearest to them.....
It's as annoying now as John 3:16 all those years ago. Don't follow sheep cone up with something different I say!

Last edited:
It's beyond pathetic. Sad wankers using a child to beg for a shirt. Welcome to modern football.

Players should donate their match shirts to charities rather than pander to some brat with a magic marker and a bit of cardboard.
the one i saw it was a girl looked about 16ish with her dad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.