RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Brilliant post , Pep needs a reality check or he is going to undo any legacy at our football club , perhaps he should consider the 9-5 workers queuing in traffic , apprehensive about ticketing issues , and getting home at after 11pm after a hard days graft.
Maybe he should look closer to "home" and comment on Barca fans deserting their club in their thousands before criticising our support and his current employers.

For a club who pride themselves for their holistic approach they want to start in their own house.

Wait.
What happened? Tried scrolling back but what did he do/say?

We scored 16 goals in the last three games here. I'd like more people to come on Saturday. We will be tired. Southampton are so dangerous. I invite all our people to come 3pm to watch our game."

He's given us some fantastic performances and trophies but I don't want to hear him kissing the arse of the rags and dippers all the time, nor slagging the fans off.

With the squad he's got any top manager should win trophies and probably would. Tuchel has outsmarted him with a weaker squad and less time to work with them. He's also choked when the shits hit the fan in the champions League. I'm sure he'd love it if we said that to him, cuts both ways.

It won't put me off going to the less glamorous games. I don't go to support him. There's ways of offering a rallying cry to fans, these pretty regular snide comments will just backfire on him, alienating a group of already badly treated fans. I'm hoping somebody collars him and explains the facts to him, another own goal off the pitch. Roll on the Wycombe game.

We scored 16 goals in the last three games here. I'd like more people to come on Saturday. We will be tired. Southampton are so dangerous. I invite all our people to come 3pm to watch our game."

In the post match?

Just fucking silly playing to the rag and dipper nonsense and more likely to keep people away.

He looked very stressed tonight no?

It won't put me off going to the less glamorous games. I don't go to support him. There's ways of offering a rallying cry to fans, these pretty regular snide comments will just backfire on him, alienating a group of already badly treated fans. I'm hoping somebody collars him and explains the facts to him, another own goal off the pitch. Roll on the Wycombe game.

He's lucky I don't sit behind the dugout

Wait.
What happened? Tried scrolling back but what did he do/say?

Smirked and looked around at an empty stadium after the game and asked for more fans on Saturday as the team will be tired and need us. Most of us work long hours and spend a lot of time on the road, that's just the day job without the commitment to the club on top. It won't stop me going, just a kick in the teeth off supposedly one of our own.

Smirked and looked around at an empty stadium after the game and asked for more fans on Saturday as the team will be tired and need us. Most of us work long hours and spend a lot of time on the road, that's just the day job without the commitment to the club on top. It won't stop me going, just a kick in the teeth off supposedly one of our own.

Yeah. That’s a bit shit.

Do you think it’s lost in translation somewhat and wasn’t a dig but trying to rally the troops. Just lacking in empathy and that way he sort of says stuff.

Reactions: cbl
Yeah. That’s a bit shit.

Do you think it’s lost in translation somewhat and wasn’t a dig but trying to rally the troops. Just lacking in empathy and that way he sort of says stuff.

I do feel it was an attempt at a rallying cry, yes. Not the first time he's done it though. Anybody in a senior management position has a duty to be selective with their words regardless of language barrier, he blatantly digs his own people out. He gets away with it due to his coaching ability. All the ostriches who have him down as the Messiah would be calling for any other City manager's head if they treated the fans with such disdain.

Dear Mr Pep,

You are a sensational football manager (although at times, especially ahead of big games, you do overthink things a little) - but please, stick to continuing to give us amazing football and cut out the disrespect for the fans. This is our club - we were here before the Sheik and will be here long after.

I wasn't there tonight, and I am sorry, but as a 30 year season ticket holder, who lives in London, its not easy anymore to make a mid-week game when the trains stop at 8pm and the drive home now takes 6-7 hours as our creaking motorways are reduced to one lane after 11pm. It was also Yom Kippur, for those in the know.

I have been home and away for 30 years. I was one of the 80,000 at York away and did Lokeren, Poznan, Copenhagen, Turin and even the utterly pointless game at Santander as well as the more glamorous away days in Paris, Madrid and Porto. Like all the other Blues, I have spent a fortune and nearly lost a marriage following this Club.

I haven't missed a game this season until tonight, despite the Club putting every possible complication in front of us Legacy fans...from a mobile ticket system that was built by blind Gerbils to a ticket office run by Michel Vonk and Lee Bradbury. And that's without respecting the fact that many fans are still worried about Covid, let alone the financial challenges many are facing following the last 18 months. So...with the greatest of respect and with heartfelt appreciation for everything you do for our players - fuck off talking about our commitment to the Club we love.

The atmosphere at Leicester was amazing - non-stop singing from well before kick off - and at the final whistle? Two thirds of the players headed directly up the tunnel to go count their money and I didn't see you join Jack, Phil and Fernandinho when they bothered to come over and applaud.

So Pep - we love you. You have given us the most amazing things on the pitch, and we are all in awe of your genius - but please respect the reality that many fans now find themselves facing, as we respect your football greatness.

Just been told my train up to the Southampton game has been cancelled, but I will make the drive to make sure I am especially loud and proud for you on Saturday (although Doris, who sits in front of me, always tell me I am far too loud - so I will direct her to you).

CTID.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.