James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Add this lad to Palmer and Edozie as three lads that should make it to the 1st team

I dont think he's as good as Foden was in terms of sheer touch and having more time than anyone else, but the goals mean he takes over games in a way I don't think Foden ever did for the EDS - Not that he ever played much for them as he was in the first team picture by then.

Number 10s who score as much as McAtee are very rare so it will be interesting so see if he keeps scoring, usually they end up losing the goals or being moved forwards. Bruno Fernandes and Muller are probably the only central players at the top level right now who score 20 a season and also create. He actually reminds me most of Papu Gomez because he likes to run at people a bit, although I'm not sure how much people saw of that Atlanta side outside our games vs them.

Looking forward to seeing him step up. The future is bright.

10 goals and 2 assists in 6 games. Clearly he’s far too good for this level. I think he could do with a loan in Jan to keep pushing him. It’s too easy.

Agreed. I think people just get ahead of themselves and tend to lean towards the younger guy but I really don't think the comparison will do him any good in the long run. This lad looks quality though.
In my opinion the comparison with Foden is fair and he has similar potential. That's not to say he's as good as Foden was at the same age, as players obviously develop at different rates, it's saying that his top level won't be far off in the long run (given McAtee starts getting first team football fairly soon - which he needs and deserves, again just my opinion).

He's been earmarked as a future star for a long time, hence the inclusion of him in The Times article many years ago, so I'm sure he'll be used to high expectations.

Now that he's training with the first team regularly you can see how that's paid off already. The numbers he's producing this season are exceptional and he's too good for PL2.

I think the UEFA Youth League is good argument against McAtee going on loan in January. It will be great experience playing against foreign sides and getting used to the travelling etc. Of course this assumes that the EDS progress in the competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.