RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Errmm I read Pep's comments on the fans! Where is the criticism in it? I don't get it? Please someone explain!

He was saying we are going to be tired for the Southhampton game so please all fans come on Saturday and support us to give us the drive we need. Did I misread this?

After seeing these comments from pep saying he hopes more people turn up on Saturday.

its never the premier league fixtures/Saturday Sunday games that are the problem as these are always full houses .

midweek champs league / cup games seems to be a bit of an issue but in my opinion this is just as much the clubs fault with all these problems with ticket issues etc which pep won’t have a fucking clue about , maybe he should be informed and start there .

then there’s the issue of the way these games are priced with the club knowing it will be a struggle to sell out and get a big crowd !

For cup games especially make tickets cheaper you stupid cunts it’s not rocket science £5 kids £10 adults something along the lines of that , make it easier and hassle free to buy tickets etc they are failing in all respects in regards to tickets, customer service even with the shite they sell on the concourse and how long it takes to get a beer etc

then you have the chaos getting to and from the ground with transport issues car parks etc especially for midweek games

It baffles my head how people at the club can’t see what the problems are and how easily they can be solved

I'll settle for a three goal winning margin whether it's 6-3, 8-5 or 3-0, but the ease with which they scored their three goals did cause some concern.
As for the atmosphere; well it was crap in parts and good in others as you'd expect. It's hard to set up any banter with only a couple of dozen visiting fans though. - Also, I think everybody expected it to be a little bit flat which never helps.
Pep's comments, if accurately reported, were a fucking disgrace. Some people are still worried about Covid and hardly anybody has worn a mask at the three home games so far, tickets were mot cheap for 90 minutes entertainment; they were simply relatively cheap compared to PL games, some fans are still anti-CL and anti-UEFA due to the way they've fucked us over during the past ten seasons, there were problems with public transport last night and it's not great without those problems, and the ticketing system isn't fit for purpose and discourages those who don't normally attend from trying to get in for a few cup ties. He can slag off the early leavers as much as he likes but he clearly knows nothing of the problems faced by fans so shouldn't go on about it. - Had he given a quick rendition of "If you're watching on the telly you're a ****" it might have been slightly amusing, but he didn't so should just shut the fuck up.

What did we learn if anything last night:
Grealish hardly ever gives the ball away. Its either, successful pass, shot on goal, foul. Thought he looked very good last night.
Kev is ring rusty which is to be expected as a result our midfield had far less control than a Bernie/Gundo combination.
WE will continue to leak goals with Ake in the team. Some of what he does is great but his positional play is not to the standard of the other three. Hope John and Laporte injuries are quick to heal.
Leipzig are gung ho going forward and shite going back. I liked the look of their hat trick hero.
Cancelo was good going forward and his goal and some of his passes were sublime. Defensively he is nowhere near as good.
Rodri looked like a groin problem - that may keep him out for some weeks.

Reactions: cbl
What Pep and the club need to realise is that our fan base has not grown in line with our success, we are drawing our crowds from the same relatively small pool of fans, so the turnout % is probably always very high. The reason the pool of new fans, jcl’s hasn’t grown, in my opinion, is the constantly negative press we get, from all the papers, bbc, itv, sky, bt; we used to be cool to support because we were loyal but shit, now we are Arab owned and a threat to the established clubs, and the continuously negative press we get has clearly restricted the growth of the fan base. The fact that the club do nothing about the slurs really doesn’t help, nor does Pep doing a paul scholes about empty seats. If the scums fan base is 700 million, their turnout rate is miles lower than ours. City’s way of increasing the fan base seems to be ignoring the slurs and putting in shit mobile tickets. Thanks anyway Pep, even more empty seats jibes coming our way

Last edited:
What troubles me is if he was bought as a Fernandinho replacement, those who scouted him didn’t do their job properly.

He is a great passer of a ball but not fast or a good tackler. The midfield improved vastly last night when Fernandinho came on.

We still need a midfield enforcer.
Can't agree with the fernandinho comment. A lot of his passes didn't find their target. Just lacking a bit of match fitness but didn't vastly improve our midfield last night.

Glad to see that the screens are showing much more information about VAR decisions.

A teensy improvement would be for the info to be in English.

What a game. Literally had everything.

Defence was poor at times, but going forward looked like City would score every time. Jack Grealish was dangerous and I was calling for him to shoot everytime he cut in. Especially after watching their keeper play for Hungary the other week and seeing how crap he was.

De Bruyne was class. I can't blame Ake for the defence being poor. Dias was at fault for at least one.

Nkunku is quality, he won't be there for long!

I just rewatched the game.

A lot of posters having a pop at some of our defending, having watched it again I think Leipzig deserve a bit more credit for their performance. especially the speed they moved the ball through midfield to their forwards.

Teams with stronger defences than Leipzigs will have been watching that with interest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.