RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

We scored 16 goals in the last three games here. I'd like more people to come on Saturday. We will be tired. Southampton are so dangerous. I invite all our people to come 3pm to watch our game."
With respect mate, that on the face of it doesn't warrant the grief you and others are giving him. It's just a call for fans to turn up and get behind the team.
That said I didn't watch any aftermatch interviews so don't know if it sounded worse than it looks.

What Pep and the club need to realise is that our fan base has not grown in line with our success, we are drawing our crowds from the same relatively small pool of fans, so the turnout % is probably always very high. The reason the pool of new fans, jcl’s hasn’t grown, in my opinion, is the constantly negative press we get, from all the papers, bbc, itv, sky, bt; we used to be cool to support because we were loyal but shit, now we are Arab owned and a threat to the established clubs, and the continuously negative press we get has clearly restricted the growth of the fan base. The fact that the club do nothing about the slurs really doesn’t help, nor does Pep doing a paul scholes about empty seats. If the scums fan base is 700 million, their turnout rate is miles lower than ours. City’s way if increasing the fan base seems to be ignoring the slurs and putting in shit mobile tickets. Thanks anyway Pep, even more empty seats jibes coming our way
Your first sentence is a long way off the reality. It's discernible we have a growing fan base, especially different nationalities and ethnic groups, on Champions League Evenings it's easy to see.

He is right. We are champions of England and most successful club in the world playing the most attractive football ever seen on this planet and we fans don’t turn up.
I didn't turn up for the following reasons:
  1. Can not stand UEFA or their money grabbing competition.
  2. The public transport (Metrolink) is appaling at the best of times and worse for night matches.
  3. Kick-off time far too late, all because of the great God television.
So there it is, but I will be there on Saturday for a competition with far greater appeal and on the whole a better standard of football.

I didn't turn up for the following reasons:
  1. Can not stand UEFA or their money grabbing competition.
  2. The public transport (Metrolink) is appaling at the best of times and worse for night matches.
  3. Kick-off time far too late, all because of the great God television.
So there it is, but I will be there on Saturday for a competition with far greater appeal and on the whole a better standard of football.
Kick off time is perfect for many, years ago evening games were always 7:30, we used to complain it was a bit too early as a lot of people only finished work between 5-6 pm. What time do you think we should kick off?

Your first sentence is a long way off the reality. It's discernible we have a growing fan base, especially different nationalities and ethnic groups, on Champions League Evenings it's easy to see.
Yes it’s a bit bigger but hugely bigger? I don’t think so.

Mind you when Pep wants to slag us off he could think about his beloved Barcelona, huge CL game against much bigger opposition than us and couldn’t even sell out a reduced 40k capacity.

BBC have the attendance at 38,062, looked more than that.
Peter Swales lives!
Capacity of 54000, 3000 away fans missing, and from where I sit in EL304, there were the odd gaps around the ground, but nowhere near enough to account for the "missing" 13000 supporters. I would have said around 45K there.

We dont turn up? 45k midweek with no away fans? Great crowd.
As I just quoted below Worsley, Pep’s beloved Barcelona, who have a fan base probably 100 times our’s, couldn’t even sell out a 40k capacity for a game with Bayern Munich. Our turnout % is really high, we just dont have a pool of support available like the “history clubs@. Next time Pep (much as I love him) wants to do us down and talk up Barce he might want to have a think about this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.