Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Yes - agree you can criticise the atmosphere, I've no issue with that.

The empty seat obsession from the media isn't criticism, it is poverty shaming.

Majority of our fan base our mostly working class and based in Greater Manchester. People are either working or the added group stages are too much financially.

Unlike the dippers and Yoonited, we don't have a Northern Ireland contingent to make up for the drop in numbers.
*waves
Although costs etc to travel for a mid-week match from Belfast arent exactly attractive.....and tbh, whilst the few CL games i have travelled for have been decent matches the pre and post game just isnt worth the grief/hassle......

Day or half day off work....flight over....check in hotel....match....hotel....day or half day off work....

Thats a mid-week melt!!

To help hold a decent atmosphere, like it or not you need someone to lead the fans!

Someone at the front with a loud speaker at front of standing section would make a good start
We need Shane Ritchie then , how much does he charge an hour for his services? lol!

Think the atmosphere is like being in a church or library at times .
Do the fans get behind the team like utd ,liverpool ,celtic & rangers fans do for home games , to be honest i don't think they do, city fans can be reserved at times for average games.
Think pepe is getting a tiny bit cheesed off with it & the empty seats will decide his next career move eventually .
Totally wank comment. How many of those other clubs games have you been to ? None I’m guessing. Atmosphere at rags and dippers games is shite 9 times out of 10 and I’m not sure Celtic park or Ibrox are absolutely bouncing when they’re battering semi pro level teams week after week.

Really poor from you as a City fan to just regurgitate shite you’ve read on social media as if it were true.

Think the atmosphere is like being in a church or library at times .
Do the fans get behind the team like utd ,liverpool ,celtic & rangers fans do for home games , to be honest i don't think they do, city fans can be reserved at times for average games.
Think pepe is getting a tiny bit cheesed off with it & the empty seats will decide his next career move eventually .

Not sure i agree with this, the atmosphere is dead at the swamp and anfield for the average! as bad as ours!

We can't win, if we sell out then we're full of plastics, if there's empty seats then we're not big enough.

Nothing worse than attendance banter, something that's only ever used when we're doing well on the pitch.

Is anyone surprised it was down last night?

The north has been battered by the pandemic, more so than the south, wages have dropped more so than the south. Our match going fan base is mainly local and they're the same people that have been knocked for 6 with the pandemic. We've only had 10 years to really build our global fan base.

Add to all that the game last night was fairly meaningless, any result last night and we still have 5 more games to change the outcome. The group stages are shite. Then it's a midweek game, shit transport access, late getting home, work and school tomorrow.

We've done all this to death, until things are done to rectify all of this then it'll be the same every year.

Last edited:
That isn't correct. The attendance was 44,026 which was pretty much a sell-out.

Source

I think we had more than that last night. There's no way it was 38k, but I'll wait for official confirmation of the attendance.... that's with no away fans too!
Yep, spot on. Incidentally, United’s first ever CL group game against Gothenburg drew a crowd of around 34,000 - 10,000 less than ours versus Napoli.

Club has systematically destroyed the atmosphere, culture and enjoyment of attending the Etihad over the past decade.

Treating fans like shit at every turn and then they turn round begging for the day tripper to show up and they'd rather go and watch Ronaldo anyway because those people are shallow and brand conscious.

Reap what you sow. The fans were treated like shit this summer so the club can go fuck itself. It deserves the ridicule it gets.

That isn't correct. The attendance was 44,026 which was pretty much a sell-out.

Source

I think we had more than that last night. There's no way it was 38k, but I'll wait for official confirmation of the attendance.... that's with no away fans too!
From my seat in east stand lower it looked pretty full to me , certainly way above thirty eight thousand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.