Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be pointless but people try and others take their pronouncements as gospel.
As they keep getting the predictions so wrong, all it does is give ammunition to the anti-restriction anti-lockdown brigade.
Lets just keep living our lives, being careful when we can. Personally, I think it's a good thing keeping track of the stats that Healdplace posts, and I thank her for that.
I'm double jabbed, and must admit, being on a packed tram from Piccadilly to the Etihad wasn't a great experience, but I've done it, and let's live amongst this thing.

Last edited:
Well said.

Although it's impossible to know for sure, the fact that 80% of adults are now fully vaccinated, and every over 50 will have the opportunity of a booster before winter, it seems unlikely that Covid will be any worse a problem than seasonal flu this winter, and if more than the usual number take up the annual seasonal flu jabs then hopefully we'll have a normal winter, with Brexit related turkey shortages as the main talking point rather than the pandemic.
Well it could be worse, but probably only if a new variant turns up.

The total number of people in hospital with coronavirus in the UK currently stands at 8,340 - it has been over 8,000 for eight of the past nine days.
Before this, the last time figures surpassed the 8,000 mark was in early March.

But posters are still playing this down as if it's all gone away and blaming the media ?
Those hospitalised have increased over the last few weeks, but the current reality is that the increase is slight and total numbers have plateaued. If case numbers continue to fall then hospitalisations will also fall a week or so later.

Well said.

Although it's impossible to know for sure, the fact that 80% of adults are now fully vaccinated, and every over 50 will have the opportunity of a booster before winter, it seems unlikely that Covid will be any worse a problem than seasonal flu this winter, and if more than the usual number take up the annual seasonal flu jabs then hopefully we'll have a normal winter, with Brexit related turkey shortages as the main talking point rather than the pandemic.
Tricky though when you have a government as incompetent as this one, that needs someone/something to blame when things go to shit. It used to be the EU that ‘was to blame’ but they can’t use that one, so the pandemic is now front and centre and will be blamed for a myriad of things. As with almost everything else, including Brexit, it’s not ‘the thing’ that’s to blame for our woes, but the response of the government to whatever ‘the thing’ happens to be today.

Still thousands of beds being taken up
mix that with forthcoming wave of massive flu
and a NHS already under pressure

it's pretty obvious measures need to be taken

but we still have people playing it down as if it is all over
The unanounced strategy is pretty clear. Basically:
Let it spread as quickly as it can now some get less cases in late autumn and winter.
Any illness that has bronchial problems will always generate more hospitalisations and deaths in late autumn and winter than now.
It is quite simply a numbers game.
The pronouncements from Whitty and Van-Tam in July show that they are fully on board with this.
Of course restrictions can be brought back if hospitalisation get worse but the plateauing of cases and hospitalisations in England - even when schools have gone back gives me room for optimism.

The unanounced strategy is pretty clear. Basically:
Let it spread as quickly as it can now some get less cases in late autumn and winter.
Any illness that has bronchial problems will always generate more hospitalisations and deaths in late autumn and winter than now.
It is quite simply a numbers game.
The pronouncements from Whitty and Van-Tam in July show that they are fully on board with this.
Of course restrictions can be brought back if hospitalisation get worse but the plateauing of cases and hospitalisations in England - even when schools have gone back gives me room for optimism.

Letting thousands and thousands of healthy young people (who are less likely to bother getting vaccinated) build natural immunity during the summer isn’t a terrible idea IMO.

*It would appear that these spike proteins can be exhaled or excreted through the skin and are triggering reactions in folk around them who have not been injected. Reactions include nosebleeds in children..."

I would genuinely feel unsafe being accommodated by the owner.
The molecules that can pass through the skin generally have a molecular weight of 1,000 Daltons or less. The Covid spike protein has a molecular weight of 180-200 times that (See the article linked below), the claim is pure bullshit. It's not just a factor of the mass but as molecules get bigger they tend to have more complex structures that make passage through a membrane more difficult.

I decided to get the tram to the game yesterday. I was one of probably around 10% of people wearing a mask. They were absolutely crowded (especially from Picc gardens to the Etihad). There was one bloke coughing his guts up right near me... no mask, coughing on his hand then holding the rail again. Literally non-stop coughing for the whole journey.

I know it doesn't mean it was COVID, but you'd wear a mask wouldn't you? Mental.

I don't think I'll get the tram again.

I decided to get the tram to the game yesterday. I was one of probably around 10% of people wearing a mask. They were absolutely crowded (especially from Picc gardens to the Etihad). There was one bloke coughing his guts up right near me... no mask, coughing on his hand then holding the rail again. Literally non-stop coughing for the whole journey.

I know it doesn't mean it was COVID, but you'd wear a mask wouldn't you? Mental.

I don't think I'll get the tram again.

got train all week to work, they're pretty packed - would day 40% wearing mask.

Lets just keep living or lives, being careful when we can. Personally, I think it's a good thing keeping track of the stats that Healdplace posts, and I thank her for that.
I'm double jabbed, and must admit, being on a packed tram from Piccadilly to the Etihad wasn't a great experience, but I've done it, and let's live amongst this thing.
I was saying to a couple of other passengers on my tram, I can't believe that every tram operating now isn't a double. There were doubles going to Rochdale that were completely empty, whereas trams on the Ashton line were only singles. Makes no sense. I don't understand the logic being used by TFGM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.